Chapter 71: Another Time Machine

"So, they say it's all a game to them?" Tomas said.

"Yeah. That's what they told me." Lubbock said. "A game they want Tatsumi and the rest of us to lose."

"Are they really that strong though?" TJ asked.

"Put it like this, multiply future boy's warning by ten." Lubbock said.

"Crazy." Tomas said. 

"Hey Susanoo, cover TJ's ears real quick." Najenda whispered.

"Understood." Susanoo replied.

Susanoo covered TJ's ears. Every time this was done TJ assumed it was a secret surprise for him later and never thought anything of it.

"Mine, Tomas, Gemma; I think it's time you learned the truth about this boy from the future." Najenda said.

"Oh? You guys know?" Mine said with intrigue.

"Actually, you three need to know." Najenda said. 

Future TJ then stood up and sat in front of Mine, Tomas and Gemma.

"This young man right here is actually TJ from the future." Najenda said.

It went silent for about three minutes.

"WHAT?!" Mine shouted. 

"Holy fuck." Gemma said.

"A-Are you seriously serious?" Tomas said.

"Yes, you guys." Future TJ said.  "It's really me."

Tomas and Gemma looked at TJ then looked at Future TJ; absolutely stunned.

"This whole time..." Gemma gasped. 

"Our grandson." Tomas said.

Mine had tears falling from her face. She then latched on to Future TJ in a tight hug, which Future TJ reciprocated.

"Mother?" Future TJ said.

"I'm glad you've grown into a fine young man, my son." Mine sighed as she quickly wiped away her tears.

TJ, who was confused by all of this, assumed it was all part of the surprise.

"I assume Tatsumi already knows?" Mine inquired.

"Yeah. He was the first to know when I first came here." Future TJ said.

"Okay Susanoo, uncover TJ ears now." Najenda said.

Susanoo removed hands from TJ's ears.

"So, boss, what's our next move?" Leone asked.

"For once, I don't have the slightest clue." Najenda said.

"This might sound crazy but here's a thought..." Future TJ said as he got everyone's attention. "Since I already know where Professor Rumi's lab is, why not just go back to before the Drones are activated and destroy all three of them at once."

"That'll totally work right?" Lubbock said.

"Stop me if I'm wrong here, but I thought your time machine wasn't all that precise. Besides, like you told Tatsumi, traveling through time takes so much energy you'd have a tough time getting enough for a round trip, right?" Najenda said. "So, if you jump into the past again, there's no guarantee that you'd make it back to your time."

"Good point." Future TJ said.

"But if you could actually go back and destroy the Techno-Drones in the past, what would happen to the ones already here?" TJ asked. "In our present time I mean. Would they all just disappear or something or would be more like they never existed."