Chapter 76: Into the Room of Foreverness

Tatsumi put on his classic black sweater and white jacket.

Gemma came running up the stairs.

"Tatsumi!" Gemma cried.

"Hello mother." Tatsumi said as Gemma latched on to him in a smothering hug.

"I was worried sick! Are you really better now?" Gemma was frantically wiping her tears.

"I didn't even believe him at first." Mine smiled.

"I'm just glad you're okay now honey." Gemma said as she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Sorry for worrying you guys." Tatsumi said. "Speaking of which, where's dad?"

"He's at the capital. I'll call him and tell him you're feeling better now." Gemma said as she ran back downstairs.

"So, Tatsumi, how are you going to combat this new threat?" the Village Mayor said.

"I'm going to train to reach another path become an Imperial God." Tatsumi replied.

"Are you serious?! Mine said. "How do you know if it's even possible?"

"Guess I don't. But I think it's the only way we can win this time." Tatsumi said. "I have to try. I'll give it a year, if that doesn't work, I'll try something else."

"A year? But we don't have that long." the Village Mayor said.

"It'll be alright. The place I'm going to is literally timeless." Tatsumi said.

"What?! Timeless?!" the Village Mayor said.

"Hey babe, I think TJ should come along too." Tatsumi suggested.

"Of course. We can't have our son getting rusty now, can we?" Mine said. "And besides, I'm still not healed yet, not enough to fight."

Mine then gave a sad look on her face.

Tatsumi, seeing this, put his hand on Mine's cheek, causing her to look up at him.

"Don't feel bad babe. You're getting your powers back." Tatsumi reminded. "Don't think that you're a liability or a burden on anyone or anything because you're not. Just imagine how strong you'll be when you're fully cleared to fight, okay?"

Mine eyes then lit up.

"Tatsumi..." Mine sighed. "Thank you."

Mine then leaned in and gave Tatsumi a deep kiss.

"Aww how sweet." the Village Mayor thought. 

"Hey Mayor, tell my mom I stepped out." Tatsumi said.

"Will do." the Village Mayor said as he went downstairs.

"Well, I better meet up with everyone else." Tatsumi said.

"Okay, be safe babe." Mine said.

"I will." Tatsumi said. "I love you."

Tatsumi then gave Mine a brief kiss and patted her head.

"I love you too." Mine said.

Tatsumi then teleported to the rest of Night Raid and the Jaegers.

"Is this as fast as this thing can go?" Seryu said.

"Yes." Susanoo replied.

"How are we going to make it before Vain runs off again." Seryu groaned. "Damn it."

"If only Tatsumi was here." Lubbock said.

Tatsumi then all of a sudden appeared on the plane.

"Tatsumi?" Akame said.