Chapter 72: Monster in Motion

"So, everyone, that's what's happening." Najenda said to the villagers.

"Oh, my lord. That's terrible." the mayor said. 

"We just got to hope that Tatsumi gets better before the Drone found out where he's being hidden." Bulat said.

With TJ, Future TJ, Mine, Tomas and Gemma:

"We can't leave this thing just sitting here. Too many questions if anyone stumbles upon it." Future TJ said. "I'll condense it.

"Can I shrink this one down?" TJ asked.

"Sure, thanks TJ." Future TJ said.

"Gemma honey, I'm going to take this shell back to the Capital for Dr. Stylish to study." Tomas said.

"Okay dear, be careful." Gemma said.

"Good call, grandpa." Future TJ said.

"So, listen, everyone is heading over to my dad's old village." TJ said.

"Oh, that's where we were going? I was going to ask when we got on the ship." Gemma said. "I'm assuming that it's to keep Tatsumi safe from the Drones until he's able to fight."

"Exactly." TJ said.

"I mean aren't you guys strong enough to fight them yourselves." Gemma said.

"No! Out of the question. Me, the rest of Night Raid, Kurome, Esdeath and Merriad went up against them and we couldn't even slow them down. We were lucky to leave in one piece." Future TJ said.

"Damn seriously?" Gemma said.

TJ began sensing an energy and began walking towards it.

"Sweetie? Are you okay?" Mine asked.

"I'm fine but I'm sensing something over there kind of." TJ said.

TJ then stumbled upon a human-bug looking shell.

"Uh could you guys come look at this!" TJ said.

Everyone then ran over to TJ.

"What did you find honey?!" Mine said.

"Um, it's hard to say." TJ said.

"Holy fucking shit!" Gemma said.

"Ew, what the fuck is that horrible thing?!" Mine exclaimed.

"Well, whatever it is it smells like cheese in the sun." Future TJ said.

"Please tell me it's dead." Mine said.

TJ and Gemma examined the strange looking object.

"Don't worry grandma. It's not going to hurt us." TJ said. "It's just some shell."

"But it looks like a person not a bug." Gemma said.

"Maybe this shell thing came from that egg we found in the time machine." Future TJ said.

"Yeah. And it keeps getting bigger, so it has to shed its skin." TJ said.

"Okay? But what kind of creature or bug looks like a human that wriggles out of skin like this?" Gemma said.

"And how did it get put here in the first place?" Future TJ said. "Did someone put that thing in the time machine and send it back on purpose or did they back here along with it? Why would they? I have no clue what's going on here, but it isn't good."

Future TJ then reached in the crack off the shell and touched a strange pink liquid.

"This is fresh. Meaning whatever came out of this shell is still close nearby." Future TJ said.