Chapter 85: Protection of Pride

Drone #6 was about to sneak up on Vain.

"Are you sure that's wise, Six?" Vain smirked. "You're one step away from the scrap heap as it is. If you were powerless against my previous form, what do you expect to do now?"

Esdeath then took to the air and began charging a massive attack.

"Intense." Future TJ said.

"Yeah, but what is she planning on doing?" Lubbock said.

Giant lightning flashes began striking down on the area as the entire island was literally shaking.

Lubbock and Future TJ were shielding themselves from the dust and debris.

"It's too much!" Future TJ said.

"VAIN! You've mocked me for the last time!" Esdeath shouted. "I know for a damn fact your power isn't up to equal with mine! Try to withstand this you cocky son of a bitch!"

"She's daring Vain not to dodge her attack. But if she really fires from that angle..." Future TJ said.

"Holy fuck! You're right! Fuck Vain! Esdeath is likely to blow up the planet!" Lubbock said.

Esdeath was not letting up as Vain stood his ground.

"NO!! DON'T FIRE AT THE SURFACE!! ESDEATH!!! YOU'LL DESTROY US ALL!!" Future TJ screamed.

"TJ! Get to cover!!" Lubbock urged.

"SOLARE HAGEL SPRUNG!!!!" Esdeath then fired the massive blast at Vain.

The blast hit Vain square on but kept on going until it went to outer space and exploded somewhere in the solar system.

"Holy shit. Too close." Lubbock said.

"Guess Esdeath knew what she was doing all along. She diverted the blast at the last second." Future TJ.

"Did you like that Vain." Esdeath said.

As smoke finally cleared, Vain was missing then entire right side of his torso.

"No. I guess not." Esdeath chuckled. Esdeath then graduated to outright laughing.

"It's impossible!" Vain said.

"Whoa! I think Esdeath just won." Lubbock said.

"My final form! I don't believe it!" Vain said. "I can't be defeated! Not like this! Not by a bimbo!"

Esdeath continued laughing louder and louder.

"No. Seriously." Vain said as he snapped Esdeath out of her laughing. "You truly are a fool. Have you forgotten I shared Leone's Regeneration abilities?"

Vain then grew the right side of his body back.

"Much better." Vain said. "Now, no more humoring."

Esdeath then began rapidly firing blast Vain that he easily shrugged off.

Vain walked through all of it and punched Esdeath away and he then walked up to her again and kicked her to the air. 

Vain then appeared in the air and pierced his elbow through Esdeath's spine, sending her crashing to the ground unconscious. Esdeath reverted back to her base form.

"Not good! She's back to normal and unconscious!" Lubbock said.

"Oh, so sad. All tuckered out and we've barely got started." Vain chuckled.

"Go! TJ! Get down there or Esdeath is dead for sure!" Lubbock said.

Vain then walked over and place a hand over Esdeath, preparing to finish her off.