Chapter 81: Esdeath vs Vain (Part 1)

"What now? He's serious." Drone #8 said. "We have to get off of this island fast."

"Don't not be alarmed. Vain is intentionally restraining his attacks to a level you can withstand." Drone #6 said. "He won't kill you. He's only trying to draw you out."

"Great. But what about you? You're already damaged, you can't afford a direct hit." Drone #8 said.

"Absorbing Drone #7 has already made Vain invincible, yet he is still obsessed with achieving his final form." Drone #6 thought. "It is clear he intends to find Drone #8 at any cost even if it means destroying the rest of the world in the process."

Tatsumi and TJ were heading to the Forver Room.

"Good luck in there Tatsumi and TJ." Akame said.

"See you soon." TJ said as he gave Akame a hug.

"Yeah, we'll see you guys in a few." Tatsumi said as patted Akame on the shoulder.

Leone then barreled into Tatsumi with a smothering hug which buried Tatsumi into her breasts much to Lubbock's chagrin.

"I'm tired of being away from you." Leone said with a pouting face.

"I know Sis. But we have a lot of shit to take care of right now." Tatsumi chuckled.

"Yeah, I know." Leone sighed as she let reluctantly Tatsumi go. "Don't be too long, okay?"

"I'll see you later, Sis." Tatsumi said as he rubbed Leone's sides causing her blush in pleasure.

Tatsumi and TJ headed to the door of the Forever Room

"The Forever Room can be a harsh place. I hope you both are ready." Bolic said.

"We'll be fine." Tatsumi said as he and TJ headed inside.

"It's so bright in here. My body feels heavy too." TJ said. "It's kind of hard to breathe."

"And once that door was shut, we are no longer connected to the outside world." Tatsumi said. "Trying sensing Esdeath's or Vain's energy and you'll see what I mean."

"You're right." TJ said as he tried to any outside energy. "I don't feel anything."

"Now, the bathrooms are over there, the kitchen is that way." Tatsumi said. "That should be enough to get by for a year."

"I don't why I was so worried. This place isn't so bad." TJ said.

"Well, go take a look out back. The training area is over there." Tatsumi said. "You'll see why everyone was warning us."

TJ walked out to the training area.

"What is this?! It's crazy! How can this be in a room?" TJ said. "It's bigger than whole Path of Peace Church."

"And it goes on and on like this forever and every direction." Tatsumi said. 

With Vain:

"If Eight was on that island she would've resurface by now." Vain said. "Well perhaps the next.... "DRONE #8!! THERE IS NO USE IN HIDING FROM ME!! COME OUT NOW OR TAKE YOUR CHANCES!!"

Vain then destroyed another island.

"Still nothing. No matter, there's so many islands to choose from. I'll stumble upon her eventually... but eventually isn't accommodating enough for me."

Vain then began rapidly destroying islands one by one, getting closer and closer to Drone #8.

Esdeath was making her way over to Vain.

"If these blasts are any indication of Vain's power, I don't understand what Night Raid was so worried about." Esdeath thought as she transformed.