Chapter 79: The Predator Feasts

Vain was running at Drone #7.

"Fine. Come and get me." Drone #7 said. "But I promise you... you're not taking me without a fight!" 

Drone #7 also ran at Vain.

Drone #7 then leapt into the air. "Go to Hell!" Drone #7 shouted. Drone #7 then came crashing down on Vain but Vain was nowhere to be found when the smoke cleared.

Vain then tried to ambush Drone #7 then leapt into the air to dodge him but Vain punched him back to the ground.

"You think I'm just going to roll over for you!?" Drone #7 said.

As Drone #7 tried to get up he kicked into the air, punched back to the ground, then stomped on by Vain. Vain then proceeded to beat Drone #7 into the ground. He then picked Drone #7 up and punched him in the abdomen and elbowed Drone #7 into the ground.

Vain then rolled over Drone #7 with his foot.

"Now you were saying?' Vain mocked. "Seems to me you rolled over pretty easily. I tried to warn you, there's no point in resisting."

"You were right. Running seems like a good idea." Drone #8.

"Yes, go now. I will stay behind." Drone #6 said. "If both you and Seven are absorbed, there will be no way to stop Vain from destroying this world. He will win."

"So, what are you going to do?" Drone #8 asked.

"I will destroy Vain." Drone #6 said. "My time to fight as come, my quest for Tatsumi will have to wait."

Drone #6 began making his way towards Vain.

"Have you lost your mind Six?" Drone #8 protested. "Don't go! Vain will kill you!"

"I am glad to have met you." Drone #6 said. "Thanks to you and Seven, I have seen that the world is a good place. It was fun traveling with you."

"What the hell? Now this one is going out there?" Leone said. "He thinks he can take on Vain? Really?"

Vain was still beating down Drone #7.

After punching him in the abdomen, he punched Drone #7 back to the ground.

"What do say Seven? Are you ready to be absorbed?" Vain said.

Vain then lifted Drone #7 off of the ground.

"You hideous freak! I'll never join you! Just looking at that slimy shriveled up face of yours make me want to puke!" Drone #7 said.

Vain then began laughing. "Aww such harsh words, play nice now after all, this is about to be your face too." Vain chuckled.

"Damn you!" Drone #7 said as he tried to get away from Vain.

Vain then punched Drone #7 in the back.

Vain's finger then opened up, expanding to look like a vacuum, he then started to absorb Drone #7 but Drone #7 struggled to prevent it.

"Damn it! You monster! I said no!" Drone #7 said as he tried to keep Vain's finger from absorbing him as Vain laughed at his struggling.

Drone #6 then placed a hand on Vain's shoulder. Vain then turned around and was punched in the face by Drone #6 which sent him stumbling back and releasing Drone #7.

"So, the big one has decided to come in and play." Vain said.

"What do you think you're doing Six?" Drone #7 said as he looked behind. "Don't tell me you're planning to fight."

"Yes. There is no other way." Drone #6 said.

"But that's suicide." Drone #7 said.

"According to my calculations, Vain and I have almost equal power." Drone #6 said as he walked towards Vain.