Chapter 78: Akame's Lone Stand

"Damn it. It's Vain." Akame said. "I was so caught up in the battle that I didn't sense him coming."

"So, who's this freak?" Drone #7 said.

"Wait, you mean these Drones don't know about Vain?" Akame thought. "So, they don't know they're his target."

"Finally, there they are. The two Drones that I'll absorb to complete my design and achieve my final form." Vain chuckled. "Number Seven... Number Eight." 

Vain then spotted Drone #6.

"And who's this? Since he wears the Gold Diamond on his suit, I can only assume he's a Techno-Drone built by Professor Rumi." Vain said. "Well, if that's true he must be an older model, he's of no concern."

Vain then jumped down from then ledge he was standing on. Vain then began demonstrating his newly gained power which horrified Akame as she sensed the poor souls that Vain mercilessly absorbed.

Vain then began walking past Akame and stopped behind her.

"Oh, Akame, one warning; this time, stay out of my way." Vain chuckled.

"You managed to raise your power even more than I imagined." Akame said. "How many innocent people did you have to sacrifice Vain?"

"Oh, just a few." Vain smirked as he approached Drone #7. "Though I say they should be honored, I've made them one with finality."

"What?!" Akame said.

At Tatsumi's Village:

"This just keeps getting worse." Wave said. "How the fuck can they hold off Vain when's got power like that?"

"I don't think they can." Merriad said. "It's all over. There's not a thing we can do about it."

"Stylish's shut down device could still salvage this but even if he's flying at top speed, it'll be a while before he gets here." Bols said.

"Have any you of thought to go meet him halfway?" Nea said. "It'll be quicker than just standing around here."

"Yeah, she's right. It'll go get the controller from Stylish." Lubbock said. "I'll be back in a flash!"

Wave then took off to Dr. Stylish.

"I'm going to help Akame." Leone said. "I'm not letting her face this alone."

Leone then flew off to Akame to help her.

"No! Leone! Get back here!" Najenda said but it fell on deaf ears. "Damn it."

"Tatsumi, it's all up to you dude. You have to hurry back." Wave said. "Even if you can do a year's worth of training in a single day, it's looking like a day is more time than we can spare."

"Tatsumi... TJ." Mine thought.

At the Path of Peace HQ:

Tatsumi and TJ were still waiting for Esdeath and Future TJ to come out of the Forever Room.

"Come on Esdeath. Where are you?" Tatsumi thought.

With Akame, the Techno-Drones and Vain:

"We're kind of in the middle of something here, so whoever you are, you'll just have to wait until I'm finished with him." Drone #7 said.

Vain then began waving his finger.

"No Seven! He came here to absorb you! Move!!" Akame warned.

Vain then began jabbing his finger at Drone #7, in which Drone #7 barely dodged him. Vain then grabbed Drone #7's arm and slammed to the ground. Vain then hovered his finger over Drone #7.