A Leap Of Fate

A/N:

Hi readers. This is my first ever novel on Wattpad. In this chapter you'll find some little typos but I hope you won't be discouraged. I'm always in  a hurry because of some projects at school so its hard to find time to edit., but I will when I get the chance. Please bear with me. And about the length of this chapter, well I thought books here in Wattpad are like real life novels, that have more than 10 pages every chapters so sorry if this is too long. You can just consider this TWO chapters. The next chapters are better, promise. :)

Thank you and happy reading to you! :)

Genre: Historical Fiction, Romance, Fantasy

Settings: Town of Obrero (Old Quezon City), 1896, Spanish Colonial Era

 Synopsis

Alix was a complicated thinker sixteen year old girl. She just dropped out of school. She was considered the smartest among her classmates but she was a loner. She felt that she wasn’t fit for school but she was dreaming of big dreams.

Her mother died two years ago and she was now living with her Aunt and her cousin, Cate.

On the day of her dropping out of school, she hid in the attic from her incensed Aunt. There, she found a treasure that would take her into a whole new world.

She woke up in a bizarre and strange surrounding, with people clad in old fashion and a different sounding language.

She met a strange man. He was masked and roaming around in the middle of the night. He took her to an aristocratic family who will take care of her while finding her way home.

It was the noble family of Don Leonardo Cruz, a Governor General and the richest man in the town ofObrero . He was living with his three sons, who will take care and become the most faithful friends of Alix. They were Chico, the youngest and the most mischievous, Ciro, the sweetest and the dreamer, and the mysterious and almost perfect Leonel. The next day, she discovered she traveled back to 1896, Spanish colonial Era in the Philipinnes.

She was not long living with the Cruz family when she volunteered to undercover as the lost niece of one of the richest man in the town, Don Cipriano Lopez. His son, Bienve had long noticed her striking resemblance to his cousin.

The two families’ feud was half a century old.

Alix struggled to do her job while inside the Lopez family’s hands, which was searching for a lost document that could end the feud between the two families and at the same time suppressing her growing feelings for Leonel and an attraction to Bienve, the adopted son of Don Cipriano Lopez. The youths were also struggling to fight the injustice and inequality due to the dishonest government of the nation.

Alix would soon discover a shocking truth about herself and her own family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

 I clutched my little history book to my chest as I sat curled up in my bed. I bit my lip so hard.

  Auntie Vicky was talking loud enough for me to hear. I quitted school today and she was furious than ever. I squeezed the book as I remembered how it went.

  “Are you really sure, Alix?”

I nodded while looking on the ground.

“Ma’am, we’re so sorry to bother you this much. It’s just that...” Auntie Vicky shook her head.

“It’s alright. I think I can understand her. She’s not really for the public, is she? Just a little adjustment and she’ll be fine. You’re welcome to go back here.”