Chapter XXXIII

Chapter 33

Before I could even react, a pair of heavy hands held me by my shoulders from behind.

I gasped and turned around.

“Siervo!” I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Señorita.” He bowed gracefully.

“Mercy! Are you with Ellena? Do you know why she brought me here?” I looked around and my gaze went back to the brick wall again.

“Well, I can’t say anything, so forgive me Señorita. But you do not have to wait longer now.” He smiled.

I frowned. “What are you saying?”

My eyes went from his to the direction of the brick wall again.

Siervo seemed to understand me, and it looked like he was also aware of the place behind that wall too.

He walked towards the wall and started moving his hands unbelievably fast, like how Leonel did it.

“I bet you thought that I did not know.” Siervo jokingly said.

I chuckled, but my heart was now beating wildly. “So… who’s behind the doors?”

He teasingly shrugged and finally opened the doors. I bit my lip and put my fist over my heart.

Siervo gestured for me to come inside first.

As I walked again through the little doors of my “small paradise”, I felt like collapsing with bliss. It was nostalgic and magical again, with its strong wind still as cool and fresh as before, welcoming me with its tickling embrace, the trees, and the Dandelion field dancing and small birds gracing the blue sky. I stopped to absorb everything.

No other place could give and make me remember the happiest moments of my life like how this place could. And every single time I stepped inside, another precious memory was certainly bound to happen.

The only one that was missing was the most important one, the source of my happiness, Leonel.

I sighed and tried to suppress my wistful thoughts.

“Señorita? Let us go.”

I smiled and nodded. I instantly felt so calm all of a sudden.

We continued walking through the fields with dandelions flying all over the place. Siervo was quiet beside me but he occasionally looked at me and smiled.

Finally, we were at the foot of the hill.

“Señorita, I have to leave you now. Do not worry, for you will not be alone for long.” He smiled meaningfully and looked at the top of the hill.

I nodded and smiled nervously. “Thank you.”

He nodded and started walking away.

My instinct was making me feel nervous for some reason, like something remarkable was about to happen.

I started walking up to the small hill’s top. I stepped on my dress numerous times so the hem was quite muddied the moment I finally reached the top.

I just stood there and for a moment admired the fields below me. I was enchanted like the first time. I smiled to myself.

Then I turned around and scanned the place.

Almost nothing have changed. There was still the big tree where Leonel and I used to sit under, but there were tiny yellow flowers around it now. My smile grew wider as I walked towards the tree.