Chapter XIX

Chapter 19

“Good morning my Señorita…” A woman’s cheerful voice greeted.

My eyes flew open, immediately remembering today was the wedding day.

I shot up and with only one eye open, looked around the room.

I was in a different room. I scanned the place until I found someone standing by the window.

“Ellena.” I smiled widely.

She walked fast to my side. “Yes Señorita Alix. Welcome back.” She bowed.

I eagerly took her hand. “How are you? I missed you.” I said then looked around and remember the escape last night.

“I am fine Señorita, thank you.” She gently said.

“I remember getting out of the mansion last night but not getting to bed. I must’ve fallen asleep.”

“Yes Señorita. Señorito Leonel came carrying you. You were sleeping like a little child. You must have been tired.”

“Leonel?” I said with an innocent expression, But then I can’t help but smiled some seconds later.

“Why yes Señorita.” She grinned, seemingly reading my mind, or probably my eyes. “He looked so concerned.” She added, just for fun methinks.

“Oh…” I tried to suppress my smiled and just nodded. “So what time did we arrive?”

“Late afternoon, Señorita. Around past three.”

So Leonel was the first to meet us here?

Suddenly I felt butterflies on my stomach and the need to see him this very minute.

Alix, of course Don Leonardo assigned his eldest child to do that thing.

I sighed. But the butterflies were still there.

“Ellena, am I now late for breakfast?”

“Yes Señorita. Don Leonardo told us to not wake you up so early. But lunch will begin soon.” She smiled.

“Oh, help me get dressed now. I can’t wait to see them all.” I grinned.

~*~

I played with my hands while I and Ellena climbed down the stairs and walked down the hallway. My hands and feet were so cold. I felt excited to see them all but it was Leonel that was occupying my mind the most.

But why? I’ve been craving for a sight of him since the idea of going back here first occurred in my mind.

They were all chatting cheerfully. It was odd, because they always observed silence while in the dining room.

“Oh, Alix my dear!” Doña Beatriz exclaimed with round and wide eyes after I appeared by the doorway.

I stopped walking and curtsied. “Good afternoon to all of you. I am sorry I wasn’t able to join breakfast earlier.”

“Oh it is alright. You deserve some rest, dear.”

“Why don’t you sit down and join us?” Don Leonardo invited, also smiling.

I walked to the table, searching for a right place to sit. I chose the empty sit beside Chico.

“Hello Alix.” Chico greeted.

“Hi Chico.” I smiled and sat up. Chico looked like he had grown up pretty much while I was away. His hair was longer and tied at the end and his face was more chiseled compared to his round one before. But well, I saw that his shirt was still muddy.