Chapter 5

~Julius's POV~

"Sometimes I wish I could just skip past all of this getting used to shit and go straight to the hot, steamy make out scenes." I sigh a bit more dramatically than necessary, staring up at Marcus through my hazel lashes. We sit on either side of the mahogany table, Marcus rubbing his calloused hands against the torn knees of his jeans while I nervously glance from one yellow wall to another.

Marcus laughs at my remark, doubling over as though somebody kicked him forcefully in the gut. "When exactly do I get to meet her?"

I manage with great difficulty to keep my smile as my mind flashes back to Moon. Lady. The word is simple but it sends venom coursing through my veins, anger and embarrassment rising to my checks though I hastily play my growing frown off as a smile. "Eventually but school Is what I really want to know about. Victoria was too old for high school when you got her but Mo- my Blood Servant" I cough out, eyeing the table with even more interest. "is only at the tender age of seventeen. H- it needs an education as much as the next kid!" Marcus seems to notice my squirming, cocking his brow before physically shaking the thoughts from his mind.

"Have you checked into Rosemary High school?" He asks grinning wildly at the thought. "It's down the road from your work and they have tons of Blood Servants attending to help her get used to things."

"I don't really think..."

Marcus claps his hand over my lips, wiggling his index finger over-dramatically with a girlish pout. And I thought I was the gay in the room. "Don't tell me you were thinking of sending her to a Human school! Hell, it's like you want her to be stoned or something! I'm telling you, Rosemary High is the place to go if you want her to embrace your culture, discover herself, learn a spell or two!" He carries on, hands flying dramatically with each new bonus of the school. "The principal is a great man as well as a good friend of mine. I'll make sure she gets into the school and has an easy transition."

"Marcus I'm scared.." I whisper through a sigh, not sure if I want him to hear the truth in my words or not. It would save me a hell of a lot of explaining though with the way he's been acting it may not be that big of a deal...

"How about you show me this girl already!" He booms, voice full of enthusiasm as he shoos me like I'd done to Lucy.

"Marcus..." I can feel the tears forcing their way to my eyes. They aren't as powerful as the tears at the brothel but they're cutting pretty close.

"C'mon Julius!"

I take the steps two at a time, my body trembling as I reach for Moon's oven-hot hand. At first he jerks away quickly but eventually he allows me to lead him down the never ending row of steps where I shout for Marcus to close his eyes. As we stand in front of Marcus the trembling worsens, spreading through my body like the plague. What if he hates me? Calls me an abomination? A sinner? Thinks he can 'turn me back'?

What if he calls me the 'F' word?

"Open your eyes." I choke.

Marcus obeys my simple order, confusion flooding his face as he tilts it to the side for a better understanding. "Where is she?"

I take a shaky breath "Marcus, this is Moon..my Blood Servant."

"This man?!" He screams, shooting up from his seat like a rocket before u even have a chance to begin stuttering. "You're gay?!"

Rejection fucking hurts. My knees give out from underneath me, body sinking into the couch as fresh tears brim the corners of my eyes. The dam holding them back has finally burst, the embarrassing streams releasing themselves from my control. "I'm so sorry Marcus!" I scream behind the broken cries, feeling a need to apologize to him.