Chapter 20

"Is this fine? I'm not sure how dressy the event is." Julius asks, descending down the staircase like he's Ms. America, twisting his hips with each step he takes. He picks at a piece of the railing nervously, shifting his weight to one side and then the other.

"You look fine, Julius." You always do...wait what?! I chew the inside of my cheek in a poor attempt to recover from my thoughts. Wincing in pain when my tongue senses hints of a familiar metallic flavor.

"I don't know." He whines, staring at his black long sleeved shirt. "Should I change?"

"Julius," I say, taking him by the wrist and leading him the rest of the way down the steps. "you look perfectly fine. It's sushi, not grated gold." I remind him.

He simply laughs, taking in everyone else's outfits with a sort of envy. Kaiien and I both appear a hot mess having taken ten minutes to get ready for dinner.

Julius wraps his arms around my waist from behind me, letting his chin fall on my shoulder as we wait for James and Andrew. I catch Clide staring from the corner of his eye, trying his hardest not to show any sign that he's watching the two of us.

I squirm under Julius's cool touch, not exactly enjoying the sensation of being held down and restrained. "Hug Kai." I bluntly tell him as I break away from his grasp, grateful that Clide's watchful eyes are no longer on us.

"What?" He seems hurt by my actions, opting to shove his hands into his pockets instead.

"Uh," Clide steps in. "Moon doesn't like being physically touched. So you hug Kai and the feeling travels from one boundee to the other."

Speak of the devil. "Give Jules a hug." I boss him as he bounces down the stairs with a kiddish bunny-hop. He lands in front of Jules with his arms outstretched ready to be embraced. I'm engulfed in the warmth of phantom arms twisting around me as they embrace each other. The sensation of molten vines sprouting through each limb leaves a gentle light-headed feeling as I gingerly hug myself. Andrew trudges down the steps shortly afterward with James on his heels, rolling up his lavender shirt sleeves and buttoning them down against his wrist.

"I want to drive with Moon and Julius!" Kai screams, running towards the black Bugatti Veyron parked in the double decker glass garage attached to the side of the house.

"You own a Bugatti?!" Julius shrieks, his mouth agape as he stares at the car. "And we're about to drive it?"

"Where do you work?!" Julius quizzes in an absolute hysteria. His head snapping this way and that as he takes in the car's exotic (and expensive) beauty.

Andrew plainly answers with: "I'm a plastic surgeon." Whilst climbing into the equally expensive Pagani Huayra.

"Julius, you lived in a mansion and had servants. I'm sure you could've gotten one if you really wanted to." I explain, turning the keys in the ignition and backing out onto the paved drive.

"You had servants?" Will jumps forward in his seat, clutching the passenger side head rest for his life.

Kai slouches in the back seat uncomfortably, legs twisted up to fight off the cold blowing in from all sides. "What are you going to get, Will?"

"I don't know...but I know what Moon is getting!"

"Shut up!" I bark, blocking out the noise of anything he tries to say.

Julius cocks his brow, staring at Will through the review mirror. "What is Moon getting?"

"A mouthful of di-"

"LA La la LA." Kai cuts him off, squeezing his palms against his ears and screaming off key.

"Oh shut up, it's not like you didn't get any before we got here."

Kai jolts out of his seat, pressing his face to Will's. "Jealous much?"

"Jealous?! Of a cock up my ass? Yeah right!" He pushes Kai back against the door, his head knocking into the window.

Kai gives a smirk, brushing himself off and repositioning the seat belt. "No, Jealous because I can get laid and uh you can't."

"Both of you that is enough. No fights in the new car- that's how we busted up the old one." I bark, gripping a handful of Will's blonde mats to restrain him.

Julius glides his hand gingerly over the leather armrest, tracing the burnt in patterns on the glistening wood. "Are they always like that?" He asks, his eyes focusing on the artist's signature at the bottom.

"He's hot tempered." I mouth with a smile. "You look upset." I add in as an afterthought, his mood too dark for the average Julius.

He finally looks up at me, the racket in the back seat having quieted down. "Did you two really have sex before we left?" He whispers, only wanting me to hear. The question is thick with hurt, a small bit of guilt rising up in me because of it.

"Jules..." I start.

Kai leans forward, his arms wrapping around the chair and in-turn around me. "I'm sorry, I didn't know we weren't supposed to do anything."

"You don't need to apologize." Julius responds, biting down on his lip and glancing out the window. "Are we here?" He points to the building illuminated by the ironic setting sun, the words beginning to light up as night dawns.

"There's Daddy!" Kai jumps back, my heart ready to explode from anxiety at the possibility of him hurting himself. He waves frantically at the other car in the lot, Andrew waving back with a caring smile.

I unlock the window as I pull next to the other car, Kai sticking his hand as far out as possible, his body halfway hanging out. "Hello." Andrew smiles, hugging him before opening the car door. "Do you want to hold hands?" He laughs as Kai's glove-clad fingers grip his, the other hand entangling with mine.

"Julius is mad at me."

"You've always been pretty blunt." James snorts, his attention falling on Julius. "What happened?"

"We had sex." I answer under my breath.

"And I'm not mad." Julius clears up as we enter through the double glass doors. The woman at the black stained glass podium asks us how many, leading us through the dimly lit restaurant to a wrap around blood red booth.

"What can I get you all to drink?" She tucks a curled blonde hair behind her ears, smiling shyly at Will behind thick rimmed black glasses.

"Root beer."

"Coffee. And make it black."

"Water."

"Sprite."

"Water no lemon."

"Ice tea."

"Tell the blonde bartender," I laugh. "that I want the dirty whore."

"So," She draws out. "a root beer for the buff one, Mr. Sophisticated wants a coffee, skin-and-bones wants water, England over here wants a Sprite, brunette wants water no lemon, handsome over here wants an ice tea, and you want something called a dirty whore?"

"Correct." I grin, following her with my eyes as she makes it to the bar. She rambles off of her paper to the blonde, his hands busy scrubbing glasses and setting them aside to dry.

She clicks her pen, down to the last order and as she speaks it the room quiets, the bartender having dropped his glass in shock. He leans over the counter raising his eyebrows as if asking if she was sure. The girl nods confused, moving out the way as the bartender walks towards the table, speeding to a run when he sees he isn't mistaken.

"Moon." He breathes, kissing my hair and laying his cheek on it, strangling me in a hug. "God," He says, petting down my hair. "five years."

"I know." I laugh, trying my hardest to keep the tears at bay. "Jesse this is Julius, Julius this is Jesse."

They greet each other shyly, the waitress coming back over with our drinks. "Is this all one check?" She asks.

"Put it on the house for me." She seems shocked but simply nods at his order. "Oh," He adds as she finishes taking orders. "and fetch Crew for me. Tell him the pup is at table nine with his family."

"I'm not a pup!" I shriek as he ruffles my hair, lifting me up so he can slide underneath me.

"Mr. Pattinson, isn't Moon-pie a pup?"

"Jesse," Andrew smiles between sips. "Moon is almost as old as you are."

"And I can still kick your ass!"

Laughter and a few 'true that!'s erupt through the table, an older man walking over to the table and crouching down. "Are you Julius?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm Crew."

"Moon's pimp?" Julius snarls under his breath, the tension between them already forming.

Jesse twists his mouth up, taking a sip of my drink through a straw. "Manager not pimp. Trust me, I've been through a few."

"If you don't believe me you can stop by the back-tell the guard you're with me-and talk to some of the boys about it." He offers, thumb pointing to the reflective metal door in the back.

"Tell them I'm back!" I yell as he walks off towards the guards, disappearing through the reflective door.

"So you're a prostitute too?" Julius starts, staring up at the gold and silver chandelier above the table.

"Yeah, the pay is good and the people are nice. Don't get me wrong you do get a bad egg once in a while but Crew keeps us safe. The restaurant and brothel are invite only, it keeps the pervs out."

Julius nods, our plates arriving at the table moments afterwards. "That's my regular." Jesse frowns in the direction of the brothel entrance. "Moon, make sure you come see me before you leave. Show your hubby around or something while you're at it." He adds in with a wink, lifting me up so he can slip away underneath me.

"So octopus?" I ask, grateful for the distraction.

"I dare you to eat some." Julius teases, holding up a flailing tentacle with his wooden chopsticks.

I laugh to myself at his attempt to be a tough guy. "I was raised in sixteenth-century Thailand, Jules. I've eaten worse than an octopus."

"I dare you." He repeats slower this time, hovering the sickly gray meat over my plate.

Holding his shaky hand still by the wrist, I tilt my head downwards, the tentacle swaying in my throat as I playfully lick Julius's finger.

"You're going to die." He states bluntly, releasing his hold of the thing and allowing it to fall down my throat.

I swallow hard and fast making sure that the suction cups don't stick and choke me. "Tada." I grin, opening my mouth wide in his face for him to see. "It's all gone."

The corner of Will's mouth draws up in disgust across the round wooden table. "You practically deep throated the thing."

"Did not." I reply as a reflex, focusing my attention instead on the water lily painting above Andrew's head. It's strategically placed where the blood red and the lacy decals of the black walls meet each other.

"If I eat will you come with me to purge?"

"Of course I will."

Kai scoots closer next to me on the booth, grabbing himself a small spoon and my bowl of fried rice. He shovels it all into his mouth, tilting the bowl to get the most out of it as Julius observes shocked from the corner of his eye. I'm rushed out of the booth by our intertwined hands as we round tables in our race to get to the handicap bathroom. I'm thrown in first and he follows, slamming the door to the brown and beige bathroom shut and twisting the lock sideways.

He has already dropped to his knees in front of the porcelain toilet by the time I've gotten across the rather small room. Frantically, Kai shoves his middle then index finger down his throat until his wrist is scraping against his teeth. I can see the panic flooding through his body as his eyes widen and he adds more fingers into the already messy mix.

"Moon." He cries, struggling to vomit. "Moon why won't it work?" His pace quickens as he draws his fingers in and out of his throat trying his hardest to at least make himself gag.

After a minute or two I decide I can't take it anymore. I gently remove his fingers as physical tears form on his reddening cheeks, replacing them instead with my own fingers as I hold back his hair with my other hand.

His body lurches and I jerk my hand, a sea of vomit splashing into the toilet water below. A second wave approaches, leaving him in a fit of cold chills as the phantom burning in my throat takes over.

"Thanks." Even in his thoughts he sounds genuinely happier as I wipe away the excess bile with a paper towel. My knuckles are bloody, having scraped them on his front teeth in my hasty attempt to avoid the flow of throw-up.

"Don't mention it." I sigh, rubbing his back as he shakes and tries to recover.

"I love you." He kisses me on the lips, a disgusting yet pleasurable mixture of fried rice, stomach acid, and Kai.

"You taste like throw up." I laugh as I pull him up off of the tile floor.

"You like it though." He comes back with a smile.

I place my palm flat against his lower back, supporting his weakened body as I push him out the door. "You know it."

"What happened?" Julius whispers in my ear as we return, glancing at a perfectly content Kai beside me.

"He-"

"Your hand." He cuts off, gently placing mine in his own and turning it.

"Kai couldn't do it for some reason...so I did."

He leans forward to see past my face at Kai, sipping his water hastily in an attempt to cool his burning throat. They catch each other's eyes, trapped in an awkward gaze until Kai cuts it off.

"Your hand was down his throat?"

"A lot of me has been down his throat."

Julius chooses to ignore my vulgar comment, instead focusing his attention on the dessert menu. "Chocolate or vanilla bean? Or green tea that sounds interesting?"

"Green tea." I answer leaning on his shoulder to get a better view.

He faces me, the dim lighting casting demented shadows over his features. "Are you well enough for me to feed."

I draw back, not expecting him to ask that of me in front of the entire family. I twist every which way, no one seeming to hear his question. "I-I believe so, yes." I stammer nervously, running my fingers through my hair to calm my jitters.

"Positive? Or are you lying to make me happy?"

"G-genuine."

"So why are your teeth still chattering?" He mutters so only I can hear, speaking up as the waitress asks about dessert. "Tea cake-if you aren't ready-yes, with ice cream-I won't force it on you-whipped cream as well thank you." His voice drops from loud to soft as he bounces between the waitress and myself.

Tiredly situating my heavy head on his shoulder I began to ask: "Will you bite or use the..."

"It all depends on you. How much have you eaten today?"

"A normal amount." I answer, too lazy to actually go back and think.

"Then bite."

"At the table or..." I tilt my head towards the handicap bathroom I just left with Kai.

"It all depends on you."

"Well..I don't know the customs." I counter, my indecisiveness kicking in as I come up with every excuse not to have the final decision resting on my shoulders.

My neck and shoulder muscles tense up, pure shock coursing through my veins as his teeth sink deeper into my neck. Clide's the first to react, a simple "Oh my God" and jaw drop enough to bring the entire table's-and a few other's-attention to us.

"This actually isn't anywhere near as painful as I remember it being." I say to no one in particular, tilting my neck and sweeping my locks to the other side. "Seriously, last time it was agonizing." A slight chuckle sneaks between my lips, the vacuuming sensation tickling a nerve or two.

"A-are you a-alright?" James cocks his brow, an expression caught between confusion and shock.

Clide, jaw now back where it rightfully belongs asks: "You just do it in public like that...?"

"It's weird isn't it?" I answer for the obviously busy Julius, twitching a bit when he severs a vein. "It's like...I can feel it but it's so numb that I can't. You know?"

"Northerners just do this in public?" Andrew dares to draw closer, examining the redness of my neck.

"We lived on the Canadian border."

"I can't believe you went that far." He mutters quietly to himself, my sensitive ears picking it up with ease.

Julius draws away from my wound, drawing his tongue over it hastily as dessert arrives and the family stares mortified.

I slide past the home screen of my buzzing phone, opening up the messages and discreetly reading the newest from Andrew under the table.

Are you hurt?

He licked it I text back between my thighs. I'm all good

No stitches or anything?

Promise

Sure?

"Andrew." I playfully whine, showing off the fact that I'm perfectly fine.

He holds up both of his hands, the palms facing me as he shrugs. "Calm down," He mouths. "I was just making sure."

We sit in a unified silence, Julius finishing his dessert followed by Will. I lead them towards the back door, the guard pretending to tip a hat as he opens the door for us all.

Jesse smiles back at me from the black leather wrap-around couch, his feet kicked up on the rather expensive aquarium table. The lights are brighter than in the main dining room, shadows bouncing around from the various lamps situated on the wooden counter.

I nudge a wide-eyed Julius in the ribs. "Want to see my room?"

"Um." Taking his time before answering, Julius glances around the room checking to make sure everyone is occupied. "Sure."

Leading him around the couch, I grab his hand as we pass the wooden counter and head off down the hall. We pass various doors with various name tags until we reach mine. "Moon" is written in sloppy cursive on none other than a moon hanging on the darkened wood door.

Jiggling the key in the lock, the door finally flies opens to a rather polished and primped room. "Kai must've been staying in here." I say aloud to myself.

"That's the bed, that's the bathroom, those are shelves and dressers and various knick knacks and that's about it." I explain.

Julius stumbles towards the bed, his fingers drawing away not daring to touch it. "This is where the money's made." I awkwardly chuckle at my excuse of a conversation, rocking myself on my heels and jamming my fingers in my pockets.

"Y-yep." The bed dips when I take a seat, pulling Julius on top of me as I fall back against the mattress.

"Nothing bad happens," I attempt to explain, spreading my legs so his body falls between them comfortably. "just buisness."

My face is whipped with frost when Julius places his palm on my cheek, allowing it to rest there as he stares down on me. "Sex should be love not business."

"What do you-"

His lips fall onto mine, stunning me as they move against my stationary ones. The kiss is quick but a kiss none the less.

"I know you don't love me back-"

"Jules, I don't even know left from right anymore. How am I supposed to know how I feel?" I whisper shakily, his hands having slid down to my biceps now.

"It hits and hurts and never goes away."

"Everyone I've ever loved has left me, Jules, all that's left of my love is Kai and I'm starting to think that even that isn't enough."

"Then let me show you I love you, that I won't leave you no matter what, Moon."

We fall into silence, giving me a minute or two to decide on what I want. I don't answer, maybe because I'm too speechless to, but choose to nod instead. Julius brushes my hair back behind my ear, a seriousness blanketing the room with my decision.

"So it's decided? We're going to try and Breed again?"

I start to nod, slamming shut my eyelids to calm my nerves. "Y-yes."

"Then let us begin."

{Go to Crossblood Sexy Scenes}