Chapter 26

This is basically chapter 25 part 2

I drop Moon with his brothers inside the spacious kitchen and head towards the living room, the place I first met the Pattinsons when we arrived less than a week ago. "Hi!" Andrew is seated on the black couch (a popular color in this house it seems), my parents chatting away with Gabe to their right. At the sound of my voice they stop, rushing up from their seats to hug me.

"I can't wait to meet him! Where is he?I want to see him!" My mom screams, her heels clicking when she jumps and her artificial brunette curls flying. "Where?!" She shouts. Dad grabs her by the waist, pulling her back down to the couch where she swings her legs in anticipation. Andrew calls in the boys, all five lining up in the sitting room. "Which one? Wait! Let me guess!" I notice Moon step back slightly at her tone, his eyes bouncing everywhere but the people straight ahead of him.

"You aren't fond of muscles...but you don't like them too skinny. Are you into the nerdy type?" She asks, taking in James's reading glasses. "Well maybe you are...Gabe said something about dark hair so it isn't that one. I give up," She throws her hands up dramatically, slapping them against her thighs. "tell me before I die of excitement. I do love surprises." She says to Andrew, fanning herself with done-up nails that are probably fake too.

My hand grabs Moon's giving it a slight squeeze before I guide him up to them. Dad scrunches his graying eyebrows, tilting his head to get a better view. "He's gorgeous." Mom whispers wide-eyed. I've never heard her so quiet in my life, the woman that always had something to say is at a loss for words. "Meg said he was pretty but...have you had work done sweetie? It may not be LA but it's still California." She breaks herself from her trance, pulling at Moon's sleeve to get his attention.

He shakes his head 'no' nervously, his body shifting closer to me as I take a seat on the sofa. "Look how cute he is, Valencia." She nudges Dad's Blood Servant, the woman's emerald eyes becoming alert as she wakes up.

"Yes, he is quite cute, Madam." Valencia shakes her blonde pixie cut, her head lolling onto Dad's shoulder without a care.

"What is his name?" Mom asks, watching Dad converse with Andrew and the boys sprawl over each other.

"Moon."

"How unusual! The girls from the club said to get every detail, they were jumping up and down as much as I was when he called!" Moon buries his face between my shoulder and the couch, his legs quivering as he wraps them around my own. "The country club of course." She corrects herself. "Honey," She absentmindedly swats her husband with her hand. "Honey!" Andrew gives him a gentle smile, every ones attention seeming to be on us now that the individual conversations have simmered down. "Have you even taken two looks at the boy?"

Dad grunts. "Well it's kind of hard to when his face is buried in the couch like an ostrich." I coax Moon from out under my arm, his hair tussled and his face red.

"He's very shy." Moon's forehead falls against my shoulder, his black curtain of hair shielding his face from my parents.

"He's adorable, Jules." Mom pats my knee, petting Moon's tense shoulder until he relaxes. "I still wish you'd gone with Meg's sister though. Keep it in the family you know?"

Barely suppressing my eye-roll I hold back my tongue and comment: "We would've both been miserable."

"I suppose your right...how old is he? He looks awfully young." Andrew tenses up by my side and I glance over confused, Moon finally sitting with the side of his head on my shoulder, face turned towards my family.

"He's seventeen." Mom jumps backwards, her eyebrows furrowing as she grabs Valencia's small thigh.

"Julius! Are you trying to tell me he isn't even legal?! You can go to jail!" She fans her breasts and flips her hair, red lines covering their servant's thighs as she refuses to let go. "When is his eighteenth?!"