Chapter 14

This chapter is going to switch POV's between Moon and Julius a bunch so be prepared for that. Sorry it's not the best :(

------

~Moon's POV~

"You're coming to work with me by the way." Julius tells me, brushing me to the side so he can scrub his teeth.

"I've barely been to school." He scrubs a fang while cocking a brow down at me, the brush hanging limp as he smiles.

"You really want to go to school?" He turns back to the mirror, spitting the frothy contents down the drain. "What type of sorcery is this?"

"Look," I roll my eyes and lean coolly against the blue countertop, flinching a bit as the chill surface hits my back. "why do I need to come with you?"

"My coworkers want to see you again." Julius shrugs and wipes away the rest of the froth, rubbing a towel against his wrists while turning to face me. His towel hangs lower on his waist when he juts his hip out, resting a hand on it flamboyantly. "Plus, I can take you out of school whenever I want. School policy."

With a low growl I comb out the knots in my hair, throwing my backpack and completed cake recipe spell back on the couch. Julius hugs me from behind, an icy chill snaking around my hips while a frosty breath nips the tops of my ear. Twisting to greet his lips with my own, he beats me to the motion and jogs out the front door with a jacket.

I climb next to Julius in the front seat, twirling my ring nostalgically between my thumb and forefinger. "What is that for?" Julius breaks my thoughts, grabbing hold of the hand with the ring.

"It shows i'm bounded." I reply quickly before staring through the reflective glass of the car window. The stomach pain returns and I hastily push it to the side as the car rolls into a parking garage.

•••

"Then I said-" I cut off the blonde's speech in my mind, the excruciating pain in my stomach becoming unbearable. My feet curl up on the Tiffany blue couch and I bury my head between the couch and the back of Julius's arm for comfort and protection. The white carpet looks all too comforting at this point as I dizzily excuse myself from the blue and white room. Tripping on the carpet down the hall I stay for a while, examining a stain on the pristine flooring. Eventually I gain the strength to drag myself into a single stall bathroom but barely muster enough to climb up and lock the door.

Collapsing between the toilet and counter I grip the pain in my abdomen and push my legs against the wall to keep from screaming out in agony. My hand gingerly slides to my side and rests on my tag, the numbing pain creating dots of light before my eyes. As I drag my hand out from under my shirt the color floods from my face. A crimson liquid with black dots drips onto the cool white tile. My blood. Another abdominal pain arrives but I'm too weak to do anything about it.

~Julius's POV~

Hannah is quite the story teller! I rest my glass on the mahogany table ahead of me, leaning back into the lightly colored couch with interest. "Then what?" I press for details as she recounts how she caught her husband cheating. She's such a strong woman. I admire her really.

"Well, I told her straight to her face that she is a terrible friend and that I never want to see her again." She shrugs it off nonchalantly with a victorious smirk, sipping away at her sparkling water. She'll be running to the bathroom if she keeps up the pace. I glance to my empty side at the thought of a restroom. Moon has been gone fifteen minutes...

"Has anyone seen Moon?" I question the employees on the couch.

"No, now that I think about it. Should you go check on him?" Hannah questions as I rise from my seat on the plush couch.