Chapter 17

~Julius's POV~

The rhythmic beating of rain on roof tiles has me woken and groggy, curling into the gray blankets that match the atmosphere. It's softer than I remember, the blanket that is, and much more gra-

I jerk up into a sitting position, staring around the strange room with it's dark teal walls and framed artwork. Tossing aside a teddy bear, I roll out of the circular bed and on to wood flooring. The coolness not something I'm used to. 

I pay little attention to the body beside me, it's disgruntled coal hair peeking out from under the covers gives away that it's in fact Moon. Exiting the bedroom, my socked feet cause slight pitter patters as I jog down the spiral staircase, it's railing a brilliant gold with hints of marbled silver. 

I find myself in a rather cozy wood kitchen, spacious enough for ten men and an Iron Chef to comfortably cook in. My fingers find themselves grazing against the cupboards and counters, not a speck of dust or grease clinging to them.

I glide out of the wood themed kitchen and into a living area, it's royal red couches and dark wood matching quite well. The patterned rug pulls the room together while the brick fireplace stands unlit, but rather comfy, in the corner surrounded by Bean Bags and Moon chairs. 

The next room I stumble upon happens to be inhabited. My small cry of shock giving away my presence as five sets of eyes turn to face me. An older blonde man smiles and extends his hand as another pauses the program playing on the rather large television. 

"You must be Julius."

"And you Andrew?" 

He nods and smiles, the corners of his eyes crinkling up while the other men resume what they were previously doing. 

"How exactly did I get upstairs?" I ask wearily as I take a seat near Andrew. 

"I carried you up." A brunette in a muscle shirt raises his hand and shakes it with a sideways grin. "I'm Clide by the way, it's nice to meet you."

"Just how long did you all stay up? Moon is knocked the fuck out upstairs." I laugh, leaning further into the brown couch and staring at the game on TV.

I look to my right on the never ending couch with Andrew next to me and Clide near him. Beside Clide sits a boy with reading glasses staring intensely at a book, one finger placed over his ear in vain. His rich brown hair sticks up in places and lays flat in other spots, as though he had only ran a finger or two through it this morning. Seeming to catch my gaze he gives a half smile, looking around confused for a bit and placing the book down. "You're Julius?"

"You're British?" My face shatters into a smile at his thick accent as he nods in response. "You are...?"

"James." He ends the conversation at that note, diving back into his book without a second thought.

Next to James a younger boy sits, legs up on the table and back painfully slunk in the couch. His green eyes dart around the room while he rustles his light brownish-blondish hair between his fingers. His peach V-neck matches well with his sun kissed skin, a gift from the flawless California shores. The boy gives me a two-fingered wave, kicking his striped socked feet off of the table to spring towards me. 

"The name's Will."

"Julius." I greet back as he falls back on the couch to play on his IPhone.

The last boy on the couch catches my eye, obviously the youngest of the bunch, even younger than Moon. He's wrapped from head to toe in fleece blankets and sweaters as well as hats and multiple socks. His fingers, merely bone, type away on an Apple as he sips from a coffee cup of sorts, a mustache printed merrily on it's side. He flips his hair out of his eyes, a lighter shade than Moon's and much shorter. His stick figure legs curl up beneath him, the knee jutting out sickly as he pops his feet under Will's seat cushion.