Chapter 28

~Moon's POV~

"Julius?" His eyes are barely open, arms wrapped around my body and holding me close. "Did you go to bed?" I shut off the alarm clock, four in the morning seeming to come all too soon. 

"No..." His throat is dry and scratchy when he responds and I'm not sure whether to be grateful or angry for the reason. 

"Julius." I whine, pulling his hand off of me and gliding my thumb over his healing cheek. "Get some sleep, please?" I get up from the bed, eyeing my bandage wrapped arms suspiciously. "Please." But his eyes are already closed before I even get the word out. 

Following the sound of blasting music, I wander into the main bathroom, all four boys seeming to be partying in the enclosed space. Kai is brushing his hair the wrong way, James brushing his teeth while Clide gasses the place with cologne. Will stares at me as I walk in, the gesture turning to a glare as I shut off the pounding rap music. 

"What was that for!" He screams, rising from his seat on the marble counter.

"Julius just now went to sleep about two minutes ago. He stayed up all night to wake me up when I had a bad dream." I can't help but feel a bit guilty, my head slouching down to the floor as I stare at my bandaged arms.

"Poor guy." I nod, not truly focusing on who had spoken but instead taking the brush from Kai and grooming him the right way. "What were your dreams about?" Kai asks, swinging his feet and looking up at me, messing with the perfect part I'd made.

"The first was about dad, second was the alley incident, and the third was my mom...but the good stuff about her. It just kind of turned white before I saw her d-die..." My voice cracks and I blink repeatedly to suck in any loose tears. "So where are we shopping at?" I yawn, poorly attempting to change the subject before my emotions lose control.

"Clide is wanting some new colognes, Will will have us all over town for a leather jacket, I'm taking Kaiien to get paints, and Dad said something about a bookstore I believe. Where are you going?" James answers for me, taking the towel from his head and drying his shoulders with it. 
I shrug. "Wherever Julius wants to go I guess."

"You know, I thought that Julius guy would be weird or crazy or abusive but he's actually pretty cool."

"Will! I mean I know we were all thinking it but you didn't have to say it!" Kai scolds and I can't contain my smile. It's always cute watching him snap on somebody. 

"He takes good care of me." I laugh with a smile.

"I can tell." Clide nods towards my arms which I hide behind my back in embarrassment. 

A female voice gasps and I turn expecting to see Mikayla or Claire but my eyes land on a short blonde instead. "Hello!" Clide waves and Valencia blushes, her nimble fingers clinging onto her sweater tightly. "Why aren't you asleep?" 

"My masters enjoy Black Friday." She groans, stepping into the light of the bathroom and squinting.

"Why do you call them that? Moon just calls Julius 'Julius'." Will shrugs, spitting out a mouthful of minty froth. 

"Moon wasn't raised to be a good servant. It's all my life revolved around until I was about thirteen." Footsteps are audible from down the hallway, an energetic brunette drumming her fingers on Valencia's shoulders when she arrives.

"Morning boys! Ready for Black Friday?!" She sings.

"Could you keep it down? Julius is sleeping." I ask of her without looking up from Kai's hair. 

"What is this a party?" Andrew and Julius's father join the mix, my body tensing when he looks up at me. "Morning." He smiles. 

I say nothing back, plugging in a flat iron instead and pushing past them to get to the kitchen. "Be quiet! Jules is sleeping!" Angie hushes them all before they can speak a word. "It's obviously important to Moon that Julius gets some sleep so we should let him."