Chapter 30: Falling Apart, Curse of The Absolute Solver

(Cue sonic frontiers ost: guardian: NINJA: https://youtu.be/E4xMZOIzD-c?si=SoPWW8OCZSszY8VG)

(Story starts with sonic chasing solver doll through the mines as doll makes a sharp turn and so does sonic)

Sonic: stop doll, we can help you!

(Doll looks over her shoulder)

Doll: get... away!

(She charges energy in her hand and starts shooting blasts rapidly at sonic)

Sonic: ...!

(He jumps around and maneuvers his way through the blasts as he keeps running)

Sonic: doll! This... this isn't you! You're not in your right mind!

Doll: no... choice!

(She opens her hand and spawns her solver which glitches yellow and turns into a mini black hole)

Doll: ...!!!

Sonic: huh?!

Doll: DERGH!

(She clenches the black hole in her hand which makes a shockwave that blows sonic back)

Sonic: DAGH!!

(He goes flying back and tumbles on the ground while rocks from the ceiling start falling around him, blocking off the rest of the hall, sonic then gets up)

Sonic: no no no no no!

(He goes into his ball form and bolts at the rocky barricade to break it open before uncurling as he looks around with no sign of doll)

Sonic: DANG IT! I lost her again! If this keeps up her solver's gonna take her over for sure!

(Suddenly he hears static from his wrist communicator)

Sonic: hm?

(He looks at it)

Tails (o-s): s-on-ic! Sonic! Sonic, can you hear me?!

Sonic: tails?! Wait... is it actually you? Or is this a solver trick?

Tails (o-s): the solver wouldn't have gotten you a chili dog supreme for your birthday last year, would it?

(Sonic wipes his head in relief)

Sonic: phew! Thank chaos, you're real!

Tails (o-s): yeah! I used the tornado to boost the signal on our communications. We can hear you loud and clear now!

Amy (o-s): are you okay down there, sonic?!

Sonic: yeah, I'm good. Kinda on the run right now though.

Tails (o-s): what for?

Sonic: I'm looking for doll, she's starting to fall to the solver's control.

Tails (o-s): uh oh...

Knuckles (o-s): please tell me you still have the emeralds.

Sonic: yeah, I do! Nothing's snatched 'em from me yet.

Knuckles (o-s): don't you dare jink it!

Amy (o-s): have you found the others yet?

Sonic: errgh... kinda.

Tails (o-s): what does that mean?

Sonic: a lot's been going on down here since we lost communications.

Knuckles (o-s): like what?

Sonic: well for starters uzi's mom is ALIVE! She's been isolating herself down here as a fleshy... heart thing.