unpacking is for the weak

Pippin followed Barry into the house, deciding to keep her trap shut as Barry brought her suitcase in for her.

It was a cozy house, one of those homes that seemed full of wonderful memories. There were picture frames everywhere, most of them of a young Barry and a beautiful girl smiling.

Pippin laughed quietly to herself, picking up a frame that was resting on a coffee table.

"Oh, no, please. I've tried talking my dad into taking down all these pictures but he keeps ignoring me." Barry walked towards her, his cheeks turning pink.

"It's cute." Pippin looked up from studying the picture of a toothless Barry that had chocolate ice cream all over his cheeks while the girl was laughing, rubbing an ice cream cone all over his face.

"Yeah, that's Iris." Barry pointed out before he rubbed the back of his head, almost thoughtfully.

"She seems nice."Pippin replied, not knowing what else to say.

"She is." He answered, staring down at Pippin while she met his gaze with a confused look.
"Speaking of which, you could use her room. Here, I'll show you."

Pippin nodded, taking her suitcase in one hand before he could. The house reminded her of one of the foster homes she had passed through.

A shiver ran down her spine which she tried to hide but she figured Barry had noticed.
Judging from the look he was sending her.
Barry opened a door, leading her into a light blue room. A nightstand was perched in a corner, a dresser against the wall as well as a tall lamp but there was no more furniture in the room.

"Crap." Barry ran a hand through his hair as his green eyes clouded in annoyance.
"I'm sorry. I counted on her not taking the bed when she left." He turned to face Pippin who was chewing her lip absentmindedly.

"Couch?" She offered, meeting his gaze with a small smile.

"You can sleep in my room. I'll take the couch."
He shrugged, smiling as Pippin started to protest. "Pippin, don't worry about it."

She clamped her mouth shut as his kind eyes twinkled at her.

"Besides, it'll be closer to the door. More efficient when I have to get out to do Flash stuff."

Pippin's eyes widened as she pressed an index finger to Barry's lips. He froze, staring at her finger then back at her in bewilderment.

"I didn't know." She hissed, her eyes flashing a little with irritation.

"Didn't know what?" Barry mumbled against her finger, watching her blush a little at the chill it sent up her spine.

"That you were the Flash." Was her annoyed response as it was Barry's to stare at her in surprise.

"Felicity didn't tell you?"

⚡️⚡️⚡️