run

^mainly because it's the perfect gift for this chapter but mostly because I love that little muscle that pops out in his jaw

Raise your hand if Chekov is worse than Iris

Only a few more chapters left and that makes me sad  I'll miss writing for Barry and Pippin but I am sooooo excited for writing another fanfic

Still counting up votes but Ollie seems to be winning

Thank you guys for being so supportive, I was reading through all the comments and they're all so positive and uplifting

I love you all

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Pippin couldn't think of a time where she was so angry and sad and tired than in that moment.

The TV had started to drone, words blurring together and images swimming into each other. Barry started to run his fingers through his hair and for the first time, she heard him curse.  He fell on to the couch by the sounds of the springs creaking but she couldn't even move.

All she could think about was how that monster from her past was ripping away everything dear to her and the people around her.  At the same time, she was berating herself.  Why didn't she see this coming? Why didn't she foresee that Chekov with his connections and his power would do something like this?
Why didn't she think?

This, this was his upper hand and she didn't even stop to guess what it was.
He was starting to pick the flesh of Central City away from its bones and soon, sooner than anyone expected, it would only be a skeleton of itself.

That's what he did in New York.

Years had passed and they were still recovering from what he had done to them.
It was never about her, him coming here.
It was always about what power he could extort and what city he could bring to its knees.

"Pippin!" Barry's voice pulled her from her thoughts and by the sound of his tone, he had probably been calling her for a while.
She didn't realize how tightly her nails were digging into her palms until she looked down and saw fresh little crescent blood marks  on her skin.

A shuddering breath ran through her and she squeezed her eyes shut, wishing that it was all a bad dream.  That she would wake up and Chekov wouldn't be real.  When she opened her eyes, the TV was still there with the news still on and with Chekov's photo still on the screen.
She turned it off, her body shivering.

"What are we going to do, Pip?" She couldn't help but notice how tired Barry's voice was.
How tired both of them were.  It was so easy to throw in the towel.  She let herself imagine what it would be like if they just left Central City. What would happen if they started a new life.