awkward conversations 101

^raise your hand if you think Iris is a   *********

Iris is a   *********

probably a terrible thing to say but I'm sorta glad she looks heartbroken here after all she put Barry through

Internet hugs to everyone for making 3k a reality.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Papers covered the hardwood flooring of Barry's living room, Pippin perched on top of them.

She made an odd sight, her golden hair tugged away from her face in a loose ponytail.
A frown was etched on her forehead as she rummaged through papers, occasionally typing on the computer.

"You're up early."

Her frown  immediately disappeared, replaced by a small smile as she craned her neck to turn to Barry who was standing by the couch, trying to blink the sleep out of his eyes.

"Good morning."
She took in his clouded eyes and messy hair with an amused look.

"What are you doing?"
He sleepily shuffled around the couch, crouching down next to her until Pippin could feel his occasional soft exhale on the skin of her neck.

"Job-hunting."

A distressed look came over her features which made Barry laugh.
"Almost as bad as unpacking, eh?"

She met his smile with an annoyed look.
"Worse."
She shuddered, dramatically, another laugh escaping Barry.

"I have to amp up my resume and I don't want to do it."

A groan left her lips as she leaned against the couch, covering her face in her hands.

"When did you type this out, Pip?"

She smiled subconsciously at the nickname, peeping out from a crack in her cold fingers.
"Four in the morning?"

Barry sent her a look of concern.

"I couldn't sleep."
She shrugged, nonchalantly, an image of her latest dream flashing through her mind.
Nightmares including gunmen, masks, and trains had been affecting her sleep lately.

"I'll be fine."
She waved it off, watching Barry narrow his eyes but let it slip.

"That's a copy of my resume."
Barry held up a piece of paper, his eyes flicking quickly across it.

It still amazed Pippin how fast he could absorb words and still manage to retain them.
In a few seconds, he was done and chuckling to himself.

"I put in two hours of work, Barry. You shouldn't be laughing at that."
She took the piece of paper, groaning inwardly as she read the first sentence which was all in Russian and contained mostly curse words.

"No, no, no."
She murmured under her breath, picking up an other piece of paper.

This one stated how waking up early was degenerative to the body and could result in death.