mornings with pippin hart

^i like to think this is the moment where he realizes this chick isn't completely crazy

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Weak sunlight managed to filter through the curtain Pippin had pulled back the night before.

She groaned a little, stretching as her eyes flickered open. They had gotten back a little later last night, Barry wishing her a good night before he fixed up the couch, adamant against Pippin's protests.

She turned over, inhaling a little into the pillow he had landed her.
It smelled like Barry.

Her eyes snapped open as she stared at the cloth, clearing her throat. Her phone buzzed on the nightstand next to the bed but she ignored it.

It was never good for her to take a phone call when she was still groggy from sleep. Speaking from previous incidents.

She sat up, pulling a hand through her surprisingly not knotted hair. Stumbling a little from sleep, she managed to find the bathroom.
A few minutes later she was climbing down the stairs and into the living room.

She glanced at the couch, smiling a little at Barry's state. He was sprawled out on the cushions, breathing evenly with his blanket half on the ground. She tiptoed over to him, fixing his pillow under his head once again and tucking the blanket around his torso.

He stirred, his cheek rubbing against the back of her hand. She froze, feeling stubble scratch a little at her skin. His breathing slowed once more as Pippin yanked back her hand, her heart racing. She watched as he turned over on his other side, smacking his lips softly.

Pippin shook her head, tugging at the ends of her hair as she walked into the kitchen.
Her stomach rumbled, reminding her that she was pretty hungry. Rummaging through the kitchen, she managed to find an apple which she started munching on, quietly returning to the living room.

The sleep-induced daze she'd had before was gone and now she found herself yearning to go out and get a nice stretch of the legs. She glanced at Barry still knocked out on the couch, now snoring softly before she found a piece of paper and scribbled on it, saying she had gone out for a walk.

Five minutes later, she was closing the door behind her, staring down the street.
Barry's street was quiet, a few cars rushing past her every now and then but the houses were still asleep.

The scenery was very much different from where she had lived in Staring City. White picket fences lined every house that had perfectly trimmed emerald grass.
The houses were mostly the same shape but a different color.
Obviously, it was the suburbs.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket, making her roll her eyes in slight annoyance. She swiped the screen and pressed the phone to her ear.

"Good morning, Fel." She mumbled, kicking a pebble and watching it skip down the cement and into the road.