signs of trouble

^Barry perfected the 'Smolder' by watching Tangled three million times

I'm getting older (hopefully wiser) but probably just older

Be the Reece to my Pippin and chop the pork out of these pigs

^sounded good in my head

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rain patterned against the windshield of the car, Pippin watching the droplets run down the glass.

"Hey." Barry hopped inside, Pippin turning to look at him.

"I really don't understand why you're making me go to the hospital." Pippin cut straight to the point, hissing out her statement in a whisper.

Reese was sleeping in the back of the car.

"I really don't understand why you're fighting me on this. You should be staring at me with awe-filled eyes at the fact that I care for you so much I'm willing to stay in a waiting room for two hours just for you."

Pippin rolled her eyes as dramatically as she could. Her sarcasm was apparently rubbing off on Barry.

"I'm flattered, really." She answered, sighing a little as the car started.
"But as I've told you before, I'm perfectly fine. All I need is Advil for the bruises and sleep."

Barry shot her a look, pursing his lips as he did so. "We're still going."

Pippin groaned in defeat, going quiet when Reese stirred.
"What're we going to do with him?" She changed the subject, Barry glancing in the rearview mirror.

"What do you think, Pippin?" Barry replied with the hints of a smile on his face.

"Dump his body in a river." She retorted with a calm tone.

"Or," Barry shot her a look before continuing.
"We drive him to his house like he asked us to and reunite him with his parents."

Pippin scoffed, yawning while she tried to get comfortable. "That's the boring version."

"In all seriousness, Pippin,"
Barry's tone made her glance at him, picking up on the concern swimming in his eyes.
"Are you sure you're ok?"

A twinge of happiness jolted through her heart as she half-smiled at his worry.

"It takes a lot more than gunmen to take me down." Her voice shook a little, making Pippin groan inwardly.
"It's an effect of the adrenaline rush." She motioned, waving it away.

Aware of how Barry's gaze was burning into the side of her face, she sighed, turning towards him. Her fingers fell on his forearm, surprising the both of them as she studied his eyes.
"I'm fine, really. I just haven't seen that much action in a while."