movie night

^my reaction when I hear the words "movie", "night", "chocolate", and "Barry Allen"

As of now, the longer chapters start

-yay or nay?-

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Pippin watched Barry shuffle around the house, his eyebrows furrowed as he checked to make everything was in its place.

"If you'd let me help you, this would be easier."
She complained, Barry shooting her a look before he started fluffing up the couch pillows.

"You already helped me get the plates and cutlery out. That's enough help to me."

Pippin rolled her eyes, dramatically, crossing her arms as she continued watching from a kitchen chair.
"You shouldn't worry so much. It's just a movie night."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair.
"You're right. You're right."

She didn't expect him to throw himself on the couch, sighing in exasperation.

"Then why am I so worried about it?" He wondered aloud, his eyes shifting towards Pippin who decided to join him.

"Only you know, Allen." She shrugged, her gray eyes locking with his.
"But I'm guessing it has something to do with Iris."
A smug smile tugged at her lips as Barry nodded, groaning as he covered his eyes with one hand.
"Is it that obvious? I was hoping I was giving off that 'bothered, mysterious' vibe."

She shook her head, smiling at this.
"We need to work on that vibe."

He chuckled, studying her for a second.
"So, Pippin Hart, read me. What am I thinking about?"

Pippin rolled her eyes at his smirk, shoving his shoulder a little bit.
"I don't work that way, Barry. But if I had a chance to guess, you haven't had Iris over in a while."

He looked at her in slight awe, clicking his tongue in admiration. "You're a psychic."

She shook her head, hugging one of the pillows to her chest. "Not really. Although from your reaction, I'm right."

He nodded, sighing softly.
"Iris and I grew up together. We were close but a lot of stuff has happened in the past year or so." His eyes glazed over in memory while Pippin studied him, carefully.
"I didn't tell her I was the Flash. It really bothered her and tore a rift in our friendship."
He propped up his head on his hands so he could look at Pippin easier. "I had feelings for her which weren't reciprocated, mostly because of her boyfriend, Eddie."

Pippin shifted in her seat, Barry captivating her full attention.

He smiled at this before continuing.
"Eddie died the day the anomaly occurred. He killed himself to stop Dr. Wells, well, Eobard Thawne, technically. Iris hasn't been the same since."