dead or alive

^imagine waking up next to this

excuse me while I go die from fangirling

Most of my phone's memory consists of gifs, pics, and *clears throat* other schtuff relating Grant Gustin

Really just wanna give you all a huge bear hug because-

WE'RE UP TO 55 THOUSAND READS WHAAAAAAAAAT

I have the best readers/voters/commenters/sharers in the universe and I'm sorry for the late update but my life has been craaaazzyy lately

Dedicated to @compelledwriter for tagging me as one of her favorite writers

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Pippin slept through the whole night, not once waking up with tears streaming down her eyes or with the dread that filled her when she realized she wasn't with her loved ones.
Of course, there were still a few bad dreams, glimpses of Barry, the special moments they'd shared that would eventually fade into that fire.

But every time that happened, she vaguely felt a pair of lips touch her cheek, a familiar voice whispering comfort in her ear. She didn't wake up the whole night, sleeping until the lazy rays of the sun fell across her face.

She cracked one eye open, letting herself revel in the warmth of the bed she was in. A part of her was aware of something heavy laying across her stomach, her head cradled against something warm. It took her longer than it should've to realize that her head wasn't laying on a pillow.

Sleep was still fogging her mind as she stretched, glancing down to the arm curled around her waist. The air froze on her breath as she traced that arm to a chest, the chest she was resting her head on. When she saw his face, the peaceful look on his face, that's when she pushed him off the bed.

In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea.
Yes, she needed to know if it was just a lovely dream Felicity telling her the plan they had devised while Oliver drove her back to the house, but a part of her still didn't believe it.

Barry was alive.

She'd accidentally fallen asleep before confirming her fears, the fatigue from days of emotional torture taking a rough toll on her.
But now, as she heard him grunt as he hit the floor and saw him, alive and breathing, jumping up on his feet and his eyes instantly shooting to her in concern, it was enough for her to cry.

"What happened?"
"You're alive."

They both spoke at the same time, Pippin staring at him. "How are you alive?"

Barry's features softened as he took a seat close to her, his fingers brushing hers.

"I saw you die."