how to survive a kidnap

^thanks @okwotdot for this wicked awesome cover which I'm extremely happy about

to everyone that has been an extraordinary human being and has commented and voted, the world needs more of you.

But seriously, I value each and every reader
(even if you don't comment or vote)
Thank you for 4K

(this was when Crimson was A Flash of Scarlet)
⚡️⚡️⚡️

There were a handful of things Pippin knew she wasn't good at.

Such as knitting, crocheting, tennis, and dramatic conversations between girls.

The last one she had just found out yesterday.
Thoughts were swirling around her head as she stretched her slender frame out on the couch, glaring at her computer screen.

The past morning had been spent clicking through job applications and ads on the Internet.

Only a handful of people seemed interested in hiring someone of her career.

Her only chance was joining a company which was hard because the job market was dry, especially after the incident involving Barry and a large hole in the sky.

Her mind was on something else as she typed out an application on a security company that was miraculously hiring at the moment.

After thirty minutes of working, she reviewed her work groaning as she read what she had written.

'Why would you like this job?'

'Because I can then move out of Barry's and prove to Iris that I'm not some gold-digger that twists people's emotions into getting what I want.'

Pippin deleted the whole thing with an annoyed grunt, saving it for a later time when the only thing on her mind wasn't Barry or his best friend's little threat.

She sighed, slamming her laptop shut and placing it on the coffee table.

Her mind was running a million miles an hour, running over everything Iris said.

"This shouldn't be so complicated."
She groaned, rubbing her temples as her eyes stopped to rest on her phone.

She quickly took it, dialing up a familiar number out of habit.

Just like she treated every problem she couldn't solve, she would call Felicity.

The line dialed twice until Pippin heard the click of the phone picking up.

"Pippin!"
She winced, as Felicity's voice screeched in her ear, sounding excited.

"Fel, before you say anything, I have a problem."

All conversation ceased on the other end.
"Is this like that time you accidentally left Roy at a crime scene without the getaway car and he had to hitch a ride from a lady that thought he was an actor from an action movie they were filming in Starling?"

Pippin laughed, nervously, tugging the ends of her hair.

"Please tell me you didn't leave Barry at Walmart or something!"
Felicity protested, her voice cracking as the sound of an overhead speaker turned on.

"To start off with, that was an accident, I took too many of those pain pills that were actually laxatives and secondly, no Barry is not stranded at Walmart."

Felicity snorted, Pippin rolling her eyes dramatically.

"Then is it like that time you clogged the toilet with our grandmother's pantyhose and fake teeth?"