trust's a game

^the amount of emotions in this chapter (and in his eyes) is killing me and I'm sure you guys are probably gonna kill me too

(and in his eyes) is killing me and I'm sure you guys are probably gonna kill me too

Finally out of my writer's block (yay) I was hoping to update faster in the next few weeks and then school slapped me in the face like the b*tch it is

Thank you all for voting and following, I love you all

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Pippin felt like she was drowning.

Drowning in one thought that seemed to be the only thought in her mind.
It had pushed all other thoughts out of her head until all the memories connecting to that horrible thought kept playing over and over and over in her head.

Everything else seemed like muted background noise.

At some point, they had gone down to the station at Barry and Joe's insistence.
She remembered Barry clenching his phone in anger, Felicity looking confused and scared at the same time and Oliver looking very, very angry.

He would shoot her glances every now and then. Questioning glances and everytime she received one, it sent a horrible dread into her bones.

"Pippin," Her eyes snapped up to Felicity who sat down next to her with a weak smile.

"I was calling you for a while."
Pippin massaged her temples with a small groan and clenches eyes.
"Sorry, Fel. I'm out of it right now." She took in Felicity's tired state before sighing.
Her eyes darted across the room, landing on Oliver, Barry, and Joe quietly muttering between themselves.
She could read the worry in Barry's eyes as he simply listened to the two other men talk, a hand running through his hair every now and then.

"Are you feeling okay?"
Pippin managed to tear her eyes away from Barry, turning to Felicity who studied her with even more concern.

"Just tired." The blonde managed a weak smile, Felicity ready to protest when all three men decides to join them.
Oliver placed a hand on Pippin's shoulder in a comforting gesture, squeezing gently before looking to Felicity.

"I think we need some fresh air."
He locked eyes with Pippin who only massaged her temples again.
Everyone else seemed confused as the two left.

"I need coffee."
Pippin didn't miss the look Joe sent Barry as he disappeared out the door, leaving Pippin and Barry alone.

"How are you holding up?" He sat down with a tired sigh on the couch, drawing her closer with an arm over her shoulders.
She closed her eyes, letting herself relax next to him.

"As good as anyone who has a murderer out to get them." That coaxed a chuckle from Barry who only rested his cheek against her hair while rubbing her arms with his other hand.
His touch seemed so comfortable and warm to Pippin which contented and scared her at the same time.