hearts were made to be broken

^fan-tastic fan-art

^sad Felicity makes me sad too

can't decide between the one above or this one

^ both make me wanna cry

I wrote this in a rare spurt of inspiration at like sometime between midnight and 7 am so forgive any errors

Looking at all the votes and comments and reads and thinking back to when I started this like a year ago almost and being amazed at how far we've come all thanks to you guys

The last chapter was 2016 words
I feel so accomplished
⚡️⚡️⚡️

"Barry."

He shot up, running a hand through his messy hair. The same nightmare had been running through his mind since Pippin had been kidnapped. His fist clenched at the memory before he sighed, rubbing at his eyes.

It seemed so real, her lifeless body in his arms, her kidnapper holding the gun.

"Barry,"
He finally realized that the voice wasn't part of the dream, it was coming from the door of his room, along with knock accenting the voice.
"Come in."

The door opened, revealing a red-eyed Felicity. "Joe and Oliver are waiting downstairs. They want to talk again." Her voice sounded so empty and hoarse.
He knew it was from her crying herself to sleep ever night.

"I'll be there in a sec." His movements felt robotic and stiff as he stood up, pulling a sweater over his t-shirt in an effort to keep himself warm but he knew that no amount of sweaters or shirts would warm the chill in his bones.

"Felicity,"
She turned around to look at him, inhaling a shaky breath.

"We'll find her." He couldn't help but think the words were more for himself than for her.

"I know." Was her broken answer.
"How she'll be when we find her is what worries me."

Barry ran another hand through his hair before walking down the stairs. Oliver and Joe looked up as he made his way to the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water.