the flash and his groceries

The extremely lager industrial shopping center wasn't very hard to spot. It was the expected supermarket that could be found around every corner of a busy city, there had been many in Starling.

Barry's rough but warm fingers found her wrist, Pippin glancing at him quickly as he did so but he didn't turn around or glance back.

"It's so I won't lose you." He explained, frowning a little as he saw the unusually large throng gathered at the entrance. He picked up a basket as they went in, immediately hitting air-conditioning.

The inside was very much like the outside, a lot of white, a lot of shine, and a lot of people.

"Why are people shopping so early in the day?"
Pippin complained, glaring at the tenth person to bump her shoulder. Barry glanced down at her, only smiling before he continued to tug her away from the entrance.

After that, she was jerked, shaken, jostled, and almost crushed, nine more times. The twentieth person to bump her managed to smash her against Barry's back which ended up in Barry physically holding Pippin back from accosting a young man that was much taller than her and completely oblivious to the fact Pippin even existed or was on the edge of physically accosting him.

"I can go beat him up if you want. The camera's won't even see it." Barry glared at the man who was now disappearing from view.

"As nice as that sounds, I don't think we should risk it." Pippin fixed her sweater, rubbing her shoulder that was now bruised from all the times people had managed to bump into it.

Sending one more glare in the man's direction, Pippin continued with Barry, who had draped his arm over her shoulder in efforts to ward anyone who was even thinking of smashing into Pippin off.

"Where to now?" Barry asked, facing Pippin who was plastered against his side as she eyed every newcomer that came within ten inches of her, warily.

"Lead on, Barry. You know this place better than I do."
He nodded, his thumb stroking her shoulder absent-mindedly as he focused on avoiding a few kids who had jumped in front of the both of them.

Pippin smiled a little and leaned into his side the very slightest.
But slight enough for Barry to notice.

"Vegetables, my favorite."

The produce section was the less congested so Barry had opted for that section first.

"It all looks so healthy and bland." Pippin murmured under her breath, wrinkling her nose at the artichoke hearts.

"We don't have to get artichoke." Barry chuckled, shooting Pippin an amused look.
She sighed in relief, watching Barry go for the cucumbers instead.

"That's a lot of cucumbers." Pippin stated, raising her eyebrows at Barry who only shrugged sheepishly.

"I have to make five salads to fill me up, completely."

A mischievous smile spread across her face.
"I could always sacrifice my vegetables for the sake of your wellbeing." She commented, wryly, Barry shooting her a look.

She made a gagging noise as he reached for brussel sprouts and dropped them in the basket.

"Is there any vegetable you do like?" Barry teased, placing a few squashes into the basket.