Chapter 35

"Nagnok, you have a letter," the goblin Griphook said as he handed a letter to the other goblin.

Nagnok nodded his head sharply and took the letter from his superior. He tore open the envelope and pulled out the letter. He hummed as he saw the name of his correspondence, a man he had not heard from in quite some time.

Nagnok,

I have not contacted you in some time, but I require your help. As the manager of my accounts and one of the only goblins I know, you are the only one I trust enough to ask this of. I wish to meet with you to discuss this. I will come to Gringotts if you require it or you may come to Hogwarts. The decision is yours.

Signed,

Severus T. Snape

Nagnok hummed again. It had been years since Severus Snape had contacted him. He knew the man did not ask for help unless he needed it very much and to ask a goblin...it must be something only a goblin would know. Picking up parchment and a quill, he penned his response.

********************************************************

"Harry, if you don't get up now, you're going to be late," Severus said, pushing open the door to the Gryffindor's room.

"I don't care. I'm tired," Harry mumbled from under the comforter.

"Harry, get up. You have to get to class," Severus said, walking over to the bed. Harry ignored him and burrowed further into his bed. "Very well," the man muttered and pulled out his wand. "Aguamenti."

Harry yelped and fell from his bed as he was hit with a jet of cold water. He fell into a heap on the floor and glared up at Severus who was looking down at him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"Good morning, Mr. Potter," Severus said, pocketing his wand again.

"Bastard," Harry said and Severus' smirk widened.

"I'm not letting you miss class. Take a shower and get ready. You can have a quick breakfast down here," Severus told him and Harry gave an exaggerated sigh.

"Fine," Harry said and climbed to his feet. As he stood and dropped the comforter, he realized that he was freezing. "Bloody hell, it's cold."

"You are wet and in the dungeons. Of course you're cold," Severus said and Harry glared at him.

"And whose fault is that?" Harry said as he walked into his bathroom. Severus simply chuckled at him and left the room. Severus walked through the sitting area, but stopped when Ivory came in holding a letter.

"Since when do you bring me my post?" Severus raised an eyebrow at his familiar as she landed on his shoulder and gave him the letter.

"If it is important, I bring it," Ivory said and Severus rolled his eyes. He lightly stroked her a few times before turning back to the letter in his hands, looking at the 'G' on the back and knew it was from Gringotts. "How is Harry? I have not seen him in quite some time."

"He's fine. He's in the shower now. Go see him. He'd enjoy seeing you again," Severus told her. She nodded and flew off into Harry's room.

Severus watched her go before turning back to the letter he held. Tearing it open, he pulled out the letter.

Mr. Snape,

It is a pleasure to hear from you again and I'm honoured that you have asked for my help. If it so suits you, I will come to Hogwarts this evening to discuss what you wish to.

Signed,

Nagnok

Manager of the Snape & Prince vaults