Chapter 45

"I just finished healing from the car accident and now I've been crushed by a building," Harry said irritably.

Severus looked at him with an amused expression. "You were more damaged by the ingredients and the shelves than the actual building."

Harry glared at him. "That doesn't help, you know. I was still crushed by a building."

"I was too," Severus said, pushing Harry's shirt aside to examine the young man's healing chest.

"You hardly got injured, you git," Harry growled.

"Don't be rude," Severus said, grabbing a jar of salve and opening it.

Harry hissed in pain as Severus spread some of the salve on his chest. "That hurts a lot, if you happen to care."

"Harry, I'm doing the best I can given the situation. I'm not a Healer and we have a limited supply of things," Severus said.

Harry sighed. "I know. How long have we been here?"

"A couple hours. I may have to try and find a way out myself," Severus said, closing the jar but leaving Harry's shirt open so as not to irritate the burnt skin.

"The Ministry is too incompetent to be reliable." Harry rolled his eyes, shifting uncomfortably. They had run out of Pain Relievers as there had only been a few that had survived the building's collapse. His chest was constantly paining him as well as his ribs and his leg.

"Such big words, Mr. Potter. Are you sure you didn't hurt yourself?" Severus said with a smirk and Harry narrowed his eyes.

"Yes, let's all pick on the injured," Harry grumbled and Severus chuckled.

Severus threaded his fingers through Harry's hair affectionately. "You are a delight, Harry."

"Glad I amuse you," Harry said, still frowning.

"Don't pout, Harry," Severus said, still smiling.

"I'm allowed to. I'm the one in agony," Harry said. He knew he was being petulant, but he didn't care. He was tired of being hurt.

"I know, Harry. I'm sorry," Severus said.

"Well, it's hardly your fault, now is it, Severus?" Harry said. "I'm sorry. I know I'm being annoying. I'm just really tired of being injured."

"I know, Harry." Severus nodded. "How're you feeling? What hurts most?"

"My chest. My leg occasionally gets a sharp pain, but it's not too bad. And my head just feels like I have a headache," Harry told him.

"And your ribs?" Severus asked.

"Haven't felt anything." Harry shook his head.

"That is probably a good thing," Severus said.

"Yes, it is. I don't need more pain at the moment," Harry said.

"We'll be back at Hogwarts in no time, Harry. You'll be fine," Severus said and Harry nodded, internally wondering who Severus was reassuring. "You should try and sleep. I'm going to try and find a way out."

"I really don't think I can, not with my chest," Harry said.

"Just try. If you can't, simply relax," Severus told him. Harry nodded again.

Severus watched as Harry closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. Severus left Harry's side and proceeded to try and find a way to escape.

********************************************************

Harry opened his eyes slowly when he heard a tapping. For a minute, he thought that, perhaps, he was back in Gryffindor Tower and Hedwig was tapping on the window to be let in. He was quickly reminded of where he was when his chest began to burn. He groaned loudly in pain, catching Severus' attention.