Company Dinner

(Hyunjin pov)

It was the night before the company dinner and thanks to Yn's fashion advice, I was getting ready in my black and red casual suit with some accessories, making Yn and I's outfits look perfect together. 

I was sat on my bed waiting for Yn to get out of the bathroom since I was almost ready. When Yn walked out my jaw dropped at how beautiful she was. Her black, slightly curled, hair laid beautifully on top of that beautiful dress of hers. I watched in awe as she looked in the mirror, putting on some silver jewelry and touching up her appearance. She looked absolute stunning.

"You look stunning my love" I said as I got up from the bed and stood behind her in the full-length mirror. "So do you" She flashed her gorgeous smile as we made eye contact through the mirror. I slithered my arm around her waist pulling her closer, making sure not to ruin her outfit that she spent so long getting to look just right. She giggled before moving out of my hold and going to put on her black, platform High heels. 

(Yn pov)

"We should get going beautiful, we don't want to be late" I said, taking his hand and leading him out the door, after feeding Kkami of course. I was surprised when I saw a man in a suit waiting outside a fancy look black car out front. I look over to Hyunjin who was already looking at me as he simply answered. "I got us a driver for there and back since well be getting home late" He gave me his charming smile as he led me to the back seat. He opened the door for me and waited as I got in making sure not to ruin my beautiful dress that I still can't believe Hyunjin bought for me. Hyunjin closed my door and got in the other side next to me.

The drive was comfortably silent, Hyunjin resting his hand on my thigh as we both looked out our respected windows. I was starting to feel a little anxious about the whole situation. We were going as the child and grandchild of the two company CEO's and we were supposed to just casually drop that we're dating?

"Hey Hyunjin?" I spoke up before I could let me thoughts consume me. "Yes?"

"Do you think your parents will care that we are dating?" I asked, although I have no reason to think that they would. "No, of course not!" He quickly assured me, gently squeezing my thigh. "If anything, they'll be thrilled" I nodded before turning back to the window trying to calm my thoughts before as I saw the large celebration hall come into view in the misty night fog. It was a large gray and white building with dark oak accents. 

Hyunjin took my hand leading me out of the car and we entered the main hall, the security quickly checking our names before allowing us entrance. Many people were already in the grand hall, as well as many people who were just arriving. We walk through the place, past the dark walls and tables, past the bar and into the back V.I.P lounge area, were both Hyunjin's parents and my grandparents would be waiting. I let go of his hand as we entered, not sure if it would be best for them to find out that way.

As we entered, I could tell they were a little weirded out by us entering at the same time. None the less, Hyunjin and I parented ways in the small room and walked over to our own families. "YN!" My grandmother called out, wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug as my grandfather stood to the side giving me a warm smile. "Hi grandmother, Hello, Grandfather" I smile at the two. 

"You look so beautiful Yn, I'm so glad to see how well you've grown up" She smiled back at me. "Is mum coming?" I question, I haven't seen my mother in person since I moved into the college dorms. I could see my grandmother's face drop and I already knew what was coming. "No, sorry honey...she's been very busy with work lately. The bills have been piling up ever since your father passed." I could see the pity in her eyes, but quickly changed the subject. 

"That's alright. Are you and the Hwang's excited for the celebration?" I said with jazz hands. "How do you know that they are the Hwang's, we never told you?" My grandfather questioned looking over at the other party suspiciously. "Oh, um. Mother told me over the phone a while ago" I feel my face heat up at my grandfather's gaze falls on the tall, handsome man standing with his parents. "Whatever you say..."

(Hyunjin pov) ***

I felt a little nervous as I walked over to my parents. Although, I live with them, I haven't seen them in over a month. "Hey..." I say quietly as I walk over to them. "Hello, Jinnie" My mother smiles at me, as my father ignores my presence and continues his conversation with one of the other V.I.P guessed, whom I suppose works for him. "How have you been?" She asked. "I've been pretty good actually" I smile at her. "You seem happy, did you get a girlfriend or something?" She teased, obviously not meaning it but none the less I felt exposed. 

(Third person)

"Well, actually..." Hyunjin took a second to think if now was the right time to say it. "I do" Mrs. Hwang gasped and her husband quickly looked over once his conversation was over. "That's my boy!" He chuckled, wrapping an arm around his son to whom immediately gave a disgusted face and stepped away. "Is she hot?" His father raised an eyebrow at him, receiving a slap on the arm from his wife. "I guess..." Hyunjin responded, side eyeing him. "So, tell us a bit about her" His mother edged on. "Let's talk about this later, the others are waiting." Hyunjin said looked back at Yn family, noticing her grandfather who was shooting daggers at his back.

Word count: 1023

Sorry for ending it here, I got bored and the chapter would be really long if I finished the whole thing.