The Wales & Borders Railway, story 29: A Replica Engine

T'was a very beautiful day on the Wales & Borders Railway, 1211 had arrived with the Railway council. He'd spent all morning having his picture taken, and was looking forward to talking to the crowds. "I'm honoured to be thought of in such high regard" said Barry to Arnold & Percy,"but I much prefer the company of one of our locomotives, especially a South Westerner like my 60103". As they chatted Barry noticed a boy running towards them, "Well it seems they find you no matter where you are" he chuckled, the boy came up close until he was almost touching their buffers, "Hello, I can't believe it's really you".

The boy held his hand out and presented a small model replica of the famous 60103, "Well well well, that's quite an impressive model you have there, young man, did you build that yourself?", "Yes" replied the young boy "Well, with the help of my father, you are my most favourite loco of all time". A man came running over to the boy, "Stuart, what did I tell you about running off like that, when there's a busy railway around us?", "I'm sorry dad, I just wanted to show the crew our model replica". The father, not noticing the Gresley A3 at first, looked up and beamed with joy and surprise, "It's a pleasure to meet you, sorry about the trouble, he's a little horror", "The pleasure's all mine", said Barry & Halton.

Barry went to Canton to fetch 60103 to get his coaches and to head to Cardiff Central, his loco had a big wooden frame around the front of it, in order for the local council to stand on and to observe the railway in order to check for anything wrong, but they didn't like it. Stuart and his father came over to the sheds to see Flying Scotsman with his Observation Block on, "Daddy, can we make a model replica of the Flying Scotsman?", "Yes of course we can, but let's get out of their way as they're due out with the 10.50 service to Penzance", they both came back a few days later with a new model, it was a model of 60103 with the Observation Block on, its crew were stunned by the model, considering he made it himself, Stuart and his father were about to leave when Stuart said, "I'd like for you to have it, Barry, please display it in 60103's shed", he said to Barry, he agreed, and left it in Mr Griffiths' office, whilst he worked the 10.50 Penzance service, it looked great in its shed.

NEXT STORY COMING UP SOON!!