The Wales & Borders Railway, story 31: Graffiti!

T'was a very confusing afternoon, on the Wales & Borders Railway, Leyland & Gordon were off delivering the afternoon freight to Newport Docks, "Ahh about time too, some decent work" said Leyland, "I wish I could go too, but we need to stay here and shunt the trucks and coaches for the others", said Barry & Halton, "Why don't you and 8572 work as a double header" said Mr Griffiths, railway director, "Yes please" and the two marvels raced along the South Wales Mainline, they were having the time of their lives, racing along the line, with wind pounding against their boilers and leaves hitting their smokebox doors.

But once the duo arrived at the docks, they were in for a surprise, they saw the docks completely silent, that's very surprising especially for Newport. "This is the quietest I've ever seen a goods yard, it's insane" Leyland mentioned "and I've been to a lot of them in my time", they left their train in the closest siding, and went away to rest before taking the afternoon freight back to Landore TMD. To their surprise, they saw that people had used paint and drawn all over the sides of the freight vans and trucks, "Stupid idiots" grumbled Gordon "why don't they paint something else and not ruin railway property", he mentioned this to Mr Griffiths and he was most annoyed, he went to clean it off, they tried everything but nothing happened, but to no avail.

They soon caught who caused it, it was done by a bunch of hooligans who have nothing better to do than to vandalise railway property, "You have ruined perfectly good trucks, what have you got to say for yourself?" expressed Mr Griffiths, "We're sorry, we won't do it again, we promise" answered the boys, they went away with a warning and a £3000 fine, their parents were even more annoyed than the railway men, that soon taught them a lesson.

NEXT STORY COMING UP SOON!!