Chapter 50

"You can't leave," Ibrahim said, his voice a mix of desperation and determination.

Mehak's eyes blazed with defiance. "I will run from this hell today at any cost," she spat, her voice filled with a fierce resolve.

Summoning all her strength, she pushed Ibrahim with every ounce of power she had. He stumbled back, unsteady on his feet, the effects of the sleeping pills making his movements sluggish and his vision blurry.

Mehak didn't waste a second. She turned and dashed out of the door, the cool night air hitting her face as she ran. Her heart raced, both from fear and the adrenaline surging through her veins. She could hear Ibrahim behind her, his steps heavy and unsteady.A Moment of CollapseIbrahim tried to call out, to stop her, but his voice failed him.

 His head spun, the dizziness from the pills overwhelming his senses. He took a few steps forward, reaching out in vain, but his body couldn't keep up. With a final, desperate attempt to stay upright, he collapsed, his consciousness slipping away.

A Glimpse of Freedom Mehak glanced back for a moment and saw Ibrahim lying on the ground, unconscious. She felt a mix of relief and scardness 

Mehak’s heart pounded as she neared the main gate of the mansion. She was surprised to find no guard in sight, the way clear for her escape. Wasting no time, she pushed through the gate and ran outside, her breath coming in short, panicked gasps.

As she sprinted down the dark, deserted street, she suddenly saw a figure standing in her path. She came to an abrupt stop, her eyes widening in recognition. It was Sofia, the housemaid. Their eyes locked, and for a moment, the world seemed to stand still.

“Thank you, Sofia,” Mehak said, her voice filled with gratitude. “Because of you, I am able to run.”Sofia nodded, her expression serious. “It’s okay, ma’am. I did all this because I know Ibrahim sir is not a normal person.”

Mehak stood frozen, a shiver of dread crept down her spine as those chilling words pierced the air "Go from here. This is your first last chance to run from this hell. Run as fast as you can and don't look back." With her heart pounding, she knew she was on the brink of something sinister, something she couldn't yet comprehend. But one thing was clear  her survival depended on how fast she could escape the looming danger ahead.

“I don’t know how to thank you enough,” Mehak said, her voice trembling. “You’ve given me a chance to escape.”Sofia shook her head. “Just be safe, ma’am. That’s all the thanks I need.”

Mehak nodded, tears brimming in her eyes. “I will,” she promised. “I’ll make sure this chance doesn’t go to waste.”Sofia gave her a reassuring smile. “Go now, ma’am. Before he wakes up.”

With one last grateful look at Sofia, Mehak turned and resumed her desperate run. The night was dark and full of uncertainty, but for the first time, she felt a glimmer of hope. She had a chance at freedom, a chance to start over.As she ran, her thoughts were a whirlwind of plans and fears, but she kept moving forward. The mansion and its horrors faded into the distance behind her, replaced by the promise of a new beginning.

Flashback ends.

(present time)

The bus hummed quietly as it moved through the city streets, the occasional jolt reminding Mehak and Faiza of the reality they were escaping from. They sat side by side, the gravity of the situation weighing heavily on them. Mehak's tears flowed freely, her body trembling with each sob.Faiza watched her friend in shock, unable to believe the harrowing story Mehak had just shared. Her mind raced, trying to process the words that seemed too terrible to be true.

"Mehak," Faiza whispered, her voice filled with concern and disbelief. "What are you going to do now? Where will you go?"Mehak shook her head, her hands covering her tear-streaked face. "I don't know, Faiza," she cried, her voice breaking. "I can't go back to my house. I know he will come looking for me there."Faiza reached out, gently pulling Mehak's hands away from her face and holding them in her own. "We’ll figure something out. You don’t have to do this alone."

Mehak looked at Faiza, her eyes filled with a mix of fear and helplessness. "I feel so lost," she admitted, her voice trembling. "I never thought it would come to this. I don't know where to go or what to do."Faiza squeezed her hands reassuringly. "You’re not lost, Mehak. You’re just in a tough spot right now. But we’ll find a way out of this together."

Mehak nodded, trying to find comfort in Faiza’s words. "I just need to get away from him, Faiza. I need to feel safe again."Faiza nodded, her resolve strengthening. "We’ll find a place for you. Somewhere he can’t reach you. I promise."

They sat in silence for a while, the bus continuing its journey through the night. The city lights flickered past the windows, casting fleeting shadows across their faces. Mehak’s sobs began to quiet, replaced by the steady rhythm of the bus and Faiza’s comforting presence.

Faiza glanced out here and there, thinking quickly. "We can go to my grandma’s place for now. i am also going there She lives in a different part of the city, and no one knows about her as  It’s a start."Mehak looked at Faiza with a glimmer of hope. "Do you think she’ll let me stay?"Faiza smiled softly. "She’s always been kind-hearted. She won’t turn you away, especially when you need help."

Mehak nodded, feeling a small flicker of hope in her chest. "Thank you, Faiza. I don’t know what I’d do without you.may be god has send you for me."Faiza hugged her friend tightly. "You’ll never have to find out. We’re in this together."

As the bus rolled on, Mehak allowed herself to lean into Faiza’s support, she didn't even know who faiza is but she trusted her because her heart got connected with her.she doesn't know what will happen in her life but she knows one thing that she is out from the hell

Author's note
Hello my beautiful readers how are you all? Finally the flashback is over The story will continue in present time tell me what you all feel about the story? What do you think what will happen now? Will Ibrahim forget her? What will happen in mehak's life? Tell me comment section don't forget to like the chapter and if you all want you all can follow my id also if anyone wants to join my readers group in insta message me in my id noor.mehak