England spinner Graeme Swann expressed interest in becoming head coach of India

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has started to look out for a new head coach for the men's Indian cricket team because the time period of Rahul Dravid, who is currently the head coach of team India, is going to end with the conclusion of India's campaign at the 2024 T20 World Cup. The final match of the event will take place on June 29th. BCCI has already started inviting applications for the role of head coach, with the deadline being May 27.

Currently, the former opener of team India, Gautam Gambhir, seems to be the frontrunner for the role among the names that are surfacing, but now the former spinner of the England cricket team, Graeme Swann, has also shown his interest in the role.

Swann said, "If India asked me to become their coach, I would do it in a heartbeat. I love this place."

He further said that he was an incredible coach for England when I played; he took us to number one in the world and was the best coach I have played under. India would be lucky to have him.

Swann also said, "India, you have got such a strong squad and such highly talented players that whoever gets the job, it will be the biggest coaching job in the world of cricket these days, so I hope whoever gets the job can bring success because they are really under the microscope."