Chapter 26: Some memories are bigger than life

"Prajakta Zindal wants to meet you"

She said while opening the windows.

Ibrahim rubbed his eyes. His eyes squeezed due to the sudden invasion of light in the room.

"But I have a fever...I can't meet outsiders right now..they can infect me or I can infect them"

He said while getting up.

Tara walked near the cupboard. He watched her movement silently. She has just taken a bath. She is looking so fresh. He again got mesmerized by her appearance. She is an enchantress. She is capable of hypnotizing him at any moment.

"I'm feeling weak...I can't even walk, help me"

He said. He is feeling like inhaling her right now. He can't miss her freshness.

"I'm calling Sakeeb"

She said.

Ibrahim frowned.

"Why Sakeeb? He is not my wife.."

His tone is holding accusations.

This time she faced him. He got shocked after seeing her calm state.

"If he can supply you drug and help you to get this fever, then I'm sure, he will gladly help you to overcome this fever"

Ibrahim was stunned!

His face turned red in embarrassment and anger both. How could she knows this? That Sakeeb asshole!

"Call him right now! How dare he to create misunderstanding between us...Sakeeb, Sakeeb.."

He started to shout like an angry bull.

"He didn't say anything...You said it last night"

Tara replied.

"What? It's not possible..I was in my full senses all the time...you narrated a stupid story last night..I remember all of it..how the mongoose changed its colour and how that idiot family gave all the food to the beggar...I remember everything..."

Tara didn't say anything. She started to arrange the cupboard. Ibrahim become restless after seeing her silence. He marched towards her and grabbed her elbow.

"You are accusing me of drug abuse? I don't do drugs..."

Tara tried to pull her elbow from his grip.

"Hey! Say something"

He grabbed her both elbows and pulled her closer to his chest.

Tara stared into his eyes.

"What should I say? You took drug to get this fever and now you are lying"

Though her tone is low but Ibrahim sensed her disappointment.

He left her elbow. Tara again focused on arranging the clothes. Ibrahim scratched his hair few times. He is actually feeling hell embarrassed right now.

Stupid, Idiot, how could you loose your sense?

He scolded himself.

"I'm not a liar and I don't like to give explanation to anyone..."

He said and walked inside the washroom. He leaned infront of the mirror and closed his eyes.

What is she thinking right now? She must be thinking that I'm a drug addict!! No no...no....Damn! My image got ruined again! Fuck me!!!

He felt like to bang his head on the mirror.

He came out after taking a shower. She is nowhere to be seen. He got dressed and walked downstairs.