ɴᴇᴄᴋʟᴀᴄᴇ | C.K

ABOUT: Y/n and Charlie had a childhood past and were inseparable. As years grew, they became distant but kept the polite smiles and waves...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

The school was filled with loud kids, roaming and running through the halls to get to the next. Chattering and laughter echoed throughout the halls.

Among the crowd, there was Charlie who was lost in his thoughts.

It had been years since he and y/n had been inseparable best friends, but things changed as they grew older.

Now, they were merely hallway friends who exchange polite nods and smiles in passing.

As Charlie turned a corner, he almost collided with someone. Looking a bit up, he was met with the familiar gaze of Y/n, who seems just as surprised by the encounter.

The air whistles with a hint of nostalgia as their eyes lock.

"Y/n," his voice carrying a mix of surprise and delight.

"Charlie," her voice matching his, and with a small smile on her face.

Charlie couldn't help but notice the delicate gold chain around y/n's neck. His eyes widened as he realizes it was the necklace he had given her all those years ago, a token of the childhood friendship.

It was a simple charm with two small hearts pendants interlocked, a reminder of the love they had for one another. Of course, it was platonic back then.

A small gasp escapes Charlie's lips, and he couldn't contain his excitement. "You're wearing it," he exclaims, his eyes sparkling with a mix of excitement and surprise.

Y/n glances down, her fingers instinctively reaching for the pendants. "Oh, yeah! I did it while cleaning my room yesterday. It brought back so many memories, and I thought why not wear it again?"

Her smile never left her face and that was one of the things Charlie has loved about her.

Charlie's heart flutters at her words, and he could feel a warmth spreading through his whole body. "It looks really good on you," he admits shyly. His eyes lingering on the necklace on her.

As they parted ways, Charlie couldn't shake off the happy adrenaline off of him. He practically skipped down the hallway, a wide grin on his face.

Spotting his friends— Berger, Maya, and Lizzie, he rushes over to them, unable to contain his excitement.

"Guys! Guys!" Charlie was practically squealing and jumping out of his own body, catching the attention of the curious kids.

Maya and Lizzie exchange amused glances before turning their attention to Charlie. "What's got you so hyped about," Maya asks.

"She's wearing it! She's wearing the necklace.. my necklace," Charlie exclaims, his eyes shining with joy.

All of them share a knowing smile, understanding the significance of the moment. "Well, buddy, looks like fate has a funny way of bringing people back together," Berger comments.

Charlie playfully shoves his best friend. "Jesus, when did you get so corny?"

In reality, he liked what Berger mentioned. Would you guys have a chance on becoming close again?

Charlie spent the rest of the day with a grin plastered on his face, stealing glances at Y/n whenever he could, which was every second.

The sight of her wearing the heart necklace was a constant reminder of their shared past and the possibility of rekindling their strong connection.

He prays everyday.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

feeding you guys water