38. So this is heaven?

The small house, big family and the dinner together

What else could I need to be happy?

Everything here is just perfect. No stress, no fear, no hate. The world without depression of the past and the anxiety of the future. It's just present. A happy present.

Dark, Light, Grey, Purple and even Lilith feels close to me than most of the people I have lived with in my house my entire life. Maybe we're full of faults, but we're true. Maybe we're not family, but we're together for now. Maybe we're not happy, but we're not sad at the moment.

.

We are Dears.

At least for the today.

.

"We're going for the stargazing, would you like to join?" Purple asked, collecting the huge blanket in her hand. "Light, me and Grey." Purple has became the sunshine for all of us, truly. Especially for Grey, he smiled and talked and played like most of the people should do at his age.

Not just him but because of Purple even we adults had fun like teenagers. We played hide-and-seek, though Dark and Lilith quit on the second round calling the game childish. We ate the strawberry cake on the lawn, soaking in the sun while Purple, Light and Grey ran all over the land to catch each other. And we laughed like never before.

.

I can't believe I'm going to leave all of them by tomorrow morning.

I don't want to but I have to.

.

"I think I'll spend my time here with Dark and Lilith." I raised my wine glass, collecting my feet on the couch as my eyes stabled on Dark.

My eyes are not ready to look away from him. I want to be with him for rest of the seconds till the morning. I need to fill my eyes with his face and I need to collect his scent for the memory I will keep for a long long time.

"Count me out." Lilith got up from the couch, gulping the wine in one sip and putting the glass on the table. "I don't want be the third wheel here. Although I enjoy Purple more than any of you." She rushed to Purple, holding her hand and pushing Light out of their way. "Especially more than Mr. Glasses."

"So you agree," Light smirked, following Purple and Lilith with remaining blankets. "At some point, you enjoy me, Miss Berenguer."

"You can take the room upstairs, we'll be late." Grey's mouth showed a tiniest smile and I surprised. I knew he started to talk, didn't I?! Grey closed the cottage room, leaving Dark and me all alone on the couch.

The pin-drop silence covered the cottage, scent of my wine and whisky of Dark, the fire in the fireplace warming the stone walls and no lights only turn the place cozier. I don't ever want to leave this place nor I want to leave Dark.