Chapter 29

"How can you be happy about this? We're not even married. We're technically still teenagers!" Hermione buried her face in her hands as she let a tear roll down her face. Thinking of the technicalities of their situation only worsened her mood. Draco laughed as he took her hands into his.

"Hermione, I love you. You're the only person I could see myself marrying or raising a family with. How could I not be happy that we'll be able to do that sooner?" He drew his thumb under her eyes, wiping away the remains of her tears.

"How are we going to pay for...it?"

"Her."

Hermione raised her eyebrows at him and scoffed,

"Her? You know the gender already?"

"Just a hunch," he blushed adorably. Seeing his joy caused her to shake her head and smile. "Besides, we're completely set financially. We can buy a little cottage somewhere quiet and safe for my two girls." He leaned in and kissed her on the lips before falling on his knees to kiss her stomach. Hermione titled her head back and laughed, clapping her hand onto her forehead. Draco looked up at Hermione's face, his hands resting on her stomach with a wide smile and twinkling eyes. "I think my girls need some sleep though," he said as he stood up and kissed Hermione, his hand still resting on where the baby was growing. He led her to the bed and tucked the covers up to her chin before he lay next to her, staring at her adoringly.

"Draco," Hermione's eyes widened as she sat straight up. "What if Belatrix finds out that I'm pregnant and you're the father?"

"I guarantee you she won't. I'm not letting anyone hurt my family." His loving gaze turned cold and lethal as he looked out the window. "I need you to stay here." Hermione immediately interrupted,

"No way is that happening!"

"That's exactly what I knew you would say. Stubborn as always," he shook his head allowing himself a brief smile. "Just please be careful, I would rather Belatrix live than you...get hurt." Draco wouldn't let himself think that Hermione or their baby would die. "Just go to sleep, my love." He planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. She nodded sleepily.

"I love you, Draco."

"I love you, Hermione." He lay behind her, his arms wrapped around her body, his hands resting right above their baby.