Chapter 34

"I don't want to do this, Draco," Hermione paced in their living room, her hands instinctually placed over her stomach. Draco tried to repress his amused smile as he walked over and grabbed her gently by the shoulders.

"It'll be fine. The worst part is over; Ron knows. I think it'll be okay." He placed a kiss on her forehead. They had agreed to tell Harry and Ginny together over drinks.

"They'll be here any minute," Hermione glanced at herself in the mirror and began to fuss with her hair before focusing her attention to her sweater.

"My goodness, you're already showing!"

"What! No I'm not!" Hermione clutched at the end of her sweater and began pulling it over her midriff while Draco started to laugh. She walked over and cuffed him on the back of the head.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he sat up and took the hands of his fuming girlfriend into his. "Don't be so nervous though, honey." Three knocks sounded at their door. "I'll get it," he kissed her on the lips slowly.

Harry and Ginny stood with their elbows linked. A pained and extremely forced smile lingered on Harry's face. He nodded to Draco. Ginny broke free of her boyfriend's grasp and ran past Draco and directly to Hermione.

"Where have you been? Did you not get my owl?" She wrapped her arms tightly around Hermione.

"No, I haven't. I'm terribly sorry," she laughed. "I've been out of town visiting Draco's mother." Ginny pulled away.

"Why would you visit Malfoy's mum?" Harry walked up to Hermione, now fully engaged in the conversation.

"Well, you see, Draco and I are,"

"And why do you keep calling him 'Draco'? Since when have you two been on a first name basis?" Harry looked between the pale blonde and his bushy haired friend. Draco walked to stand beside Hermione, his hand placed on the curve of her spine.

"Draco and I are in a relationship," Hermione looked at Harry and Ginny's wide eyes. "A romantic relationship...we're dating,"

"Yes, I understand that!" Harry yelled as he placed his hand to his forehead and paced. "How long?"

"Pretty much since we moved in together," Hermione looked at Draco to confirm.

"Over three months and you didn't say anything?" Ginny looked at Hermione with a mixture of hurt and disbelief.

"What's your game, Malfoy?" Harry spit at Draco.

"I don't have one. I love her. She's my family."

"First of all, saying that the person you're screwing is like your family is a bit creepy. Second, you're such a pathetic liar. I thought you changed, you're still a disgusting, conniving Death Eater,"

"Harry! Stop it!" Hermione yelled at him. "That's not what he meant by family." She looked down at her stomach as tears began to well up in her eyes. She had always imagined having a baby with Draco to be a joyous occasion worthy of celebration.

"You're pregnant," Ginny stared in disbelief at Hermione's stomach. She walked forward and bent to her knees. She placed a kiss on her stomach before looking up with a wide smile. "I'm going to be an aunt!" She sprang up and hugged Hermione tightly.

"Ginny, stop. This isn't a celebration." Harry grabbed Draco by the collar of his freshly pressed shirt and pressed him against the wall. "You've ruined Hermione's life. Now she's stuck with you." Draco remained calm and didn't reply. He began to taste blood from biting his tongue too hard. "Hermione, tell me you're going to...take care of it. You have you're whole life ahead of you."

"Of course I'm going to take care of it. It's my baby after all, I'm going to love and nurture,"

"That's not what I meant," Harry interrupted and looked at her sadly. Hermione let out a horrified gasp and protectively wrapped her hands around her stomach.

"I'm not going to kill my baby, Harry. It's not just my kid, it's Draco's baby too."

"Like Draco cares about your future or the kid's. You have to think about you, Hermione. It's not fair to have a kid grow up without its parents."

"She's going to have both of her parents," Draco walked towards Hermione and wrapped one arm around her shoulders and placed the other on her stomach above their baby.

"She?" Harry looked at Hermione's abdomen.

"We don't know the sex yet, it's just a hunch." Draco looked affectionately at Hermione before planting a soft kiss on her lips. Harry grimaced. Ginny glared at Harry for his blatant immaturity and rudeness.

"Please get rid of it, Hermione. You deserve more than being stuck with a Malfoy." Harry looked at her stomach sadly before walking away. Ginny stayed put at Hermione's side. Harry opened the heavy mahogany door before looking back to see that his girlfriend hadn't followed him. He let the door slam shut.