Chapter 61

Hermione felt her flesh ripple as Draco's cool fingers brushed along her spine, slowly undoing each button running along the back of her dress.  As the last pearl slipped from its loop, she felt the silk rush along her skin, the cool air of Draco's room brushing against her flesh.

            "Finally alone, Mrs. Malfoy," he whispered huskily in her ear, his breath hot against the nape of her neck.  She leaned back into him, feeling the sculpted muscle lining his chest become taught as she pressed her hips back into his.

            "Are you sure Harry and Ginny are okay watching Angelica and Max for the night?"  She asked suddenly.  Her shoulders relaxed as she felt Draco's chest shake, a soft chuckle rumbling deep within his throat.

            "Yes.  They practically had to pry Angelica from my mother's arms, but yes.  Harry and Ginny insisted."  He planted a soft kiss on the nape of Hermione's neck as she tilted her head back, exposing the smooth flesh.  "We have all night." 

He nipped gently at her skin, causing a giggle to escape her lips, followed by a quick intake of breath.  She turned in his grasp, gazing up into his eyes as she looped her arms around his neck.

            "We have forever," she said warmly, pressing her lips into his smile.  They melded together, shedding their clothes onto the floor as they lay in the warm embrace of their bed, exploring each other for the first time as husband and wife.

            As Draco hovered above her, he cradled her head in one large hand, the other brushing delicately against her breasts, feeling her back arch into him as her breathing deepened.

            He moved within her, his cool flesh warming against hers, their bodies pressing together as they moved deeper and deeper into bliss, losing their selves in pleasure.  Not knowing where one person ended, and the other began, becoming one flesh.

            Afterwards, Hermione lay in Draco's arms, her head against his chest, the rhythmic beating of his heart strong and steady.  They lay whispering sweet nothings to each other, smiles etched onto their faces as their fingers passed over their wedding rings, their hands intertwined.

            "I have to tell you something, Hermione," Draco whispered.  She turned in his arms, facing him, so that her lips were only inches apart.

            "What's that?"

            "Before our seventh year, I dreamed about you almost every night.  But those dreams, they never ended with me being able to hold you, to tell you that I love you."  His eyes were soft, like wells of memory as starlight reflected in the cool blue depths.  Hermione cupped her hand to the side of his face, running her fingers along the contours of his cheek.

            "You'll never have to worry about dreaming up something like that, Draco," she said.  "I'll be here to tell you that I love you everyday, for the rest of our lives." 

Draco smiled, his gaze becoming glassy, the flickering flames of the low burning candles reflecting in his eyes.  He tightened his grip around Hermione's waist, pulling her closer until their lips touched, moving slowly and deeply together.

"Everyday I get to spend with you," he whispered, "that will be the best dream yet."

*

The End.

If you enjoyed this, be sure to read "One Breath," which is entered in the Wattys2018. Please vote, comment, and share. Thank you so much for reading. -Randall xoxo