Chapter 50

"What happened?" Draco brushed a strand of Hermione's hair behind her ear. She stared blankly into space, her eyes glazed over, a thick fog muddling her thoughts.

"I just, I don't know, I had a nightmare. You, and Lavender Brown, I walked in and," Hermione buried her face in her hands and let out a shaky breath. Draco wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his hands on her rounded stomach. His face crumpled up as he flexed his jaw.

"Hermione, I would never hurt you like that. I promise."

"I know," Hermione nodded her head and looked at him with watery eyes before she planted a soft kiss on his lips. She pushed herself off of the bed and began to pace the room. "It's odd, after we came into contact with the Draconite I had the one of the worst nightmares I've had in awhile."

"I've been having nightmares too, ever since I came close to the Draconite." He stood up and walked over to Hermione, running his hands nervously through his white blonde hair. "Do you think there's a correlation between the stone and these nightmares? I just assumed I've been having nightmares because of stress and because of my," Draco swallowed a lump in his throat. Hermione walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him tightly, resting her head on his chest.

"Let's go down and have some breakfast. I'll make you some chamomile tea, it'll help calm you down." She kissed him slowly, letting her lips linger before she pulled away to stare into his eyes, admiring how the silver blended so perfectly into the pale and intense blue. "Then we can talk to your mom and Harry and see if the Draconite affected them." She took his hand as they walked down the winding stairs to find Narcissa sitting on the floor in front of the fire, her eyes transfixed with the crackling of the flames. Her hair was a mess and the circles under her eyes were dark purple, making her look as if she had been punched in the face.

"Mum?" Draco walked over to his mother and knelt onto the floor next to her. She remained silent and staring at the fire, as if he wasn't even there. Draco looked at Hermione, his face etched with concern. "Mum, are you okay?" He waved his hand in front of her face, only for her to continue staring at the fire for several moments until finally acknowledging his presence.

"I'm fine," her voice was monotone as she continued staring at the fire.

"Narcissa, did you sleep okay?" Hermione sat next to Draco, taking her hands in hers as she watched Narcissa who sat there silently.

"Nightmares," she finally said, still refusing to meet their eyes. "I watched him die over and over again. Lucius kept calling out to me, begging me to help him, to make the pain stop. I couldn't do anything." Her eyes began to well with tears as her face crumpled up. She tore her wand out of the pocket of her robe and screamed as she cast a spell at the fire, causing it became wild and crawl out of the contains of the fireplace.

"Aguamenti!" Hermione pointed her wand at the flames, watching them hiss as they went out sending water across the wooden floors and soaking their pajamas. Narcissa collapsed, her head falling into her hands as she shook with sobs.

"Narcissa, we think that the Draconite is causing these nightmares, Draco and I have been having them too." Hermione crouched down next to her, a frown pulling on her face. Narcissa rubbed her eyes and let out a rattling sigh.

"If we're having this effect just from being near the Draconite, think of the effects it must be having on Bellatrix." Narcissas stood up and began to pace the room, nervously smoothing her tangled silvery blonde hair. "She must be going mad."

"We can use that," Draco stood up and took Hermione's hand. "We can take advantages of those weaknesses."

"We can do this," Hermione walked over to Narcissa and placed a hand on her shoulder. Narcissa placed her hand over Hermione's and smiled sadly.

"And we will."