Chapter 14

Callie's POV:

Erica Hahn is standing 5 feet away from my family. I simply can not believe it.

"Oh my god. Callie!!!" She walks over to our table and I stand up to give her a hug.

"It's...uh...nice to see you" I say politely. I look down at Arizona and she has a confused look on her face. "Um yea. Erica, this is my wife, Arizona Robbins, and this is our daughter, Sofia". Sofia looks up at us and babbles.

"It's nice to meet you, Arizona. I....used to...um....work with Callie." Erica glanced at me.

"It's nice to meet you too." Arizona said back.

"So what are you doing in town? Where have you been?" I asked. The last time I saw Erica Hahn, she was walking away from me. I'm not really sure how I feel having her here.

"Webber called me. Asked if I could help some Dr. Altman with a surgery? I've never heard of her."

"Oh Teddy!" Arizona says, "She is a great surgeon. One of my best friends actually"

"Oh. That's nice. Well I'm going to get my food and head back to my hotel. I'll see you around at the hospital, I guess" We said our goodbyes and Arizona and I went back to eating our dinner.

"Sooooo.... She seems nice." Arizona finally says.

I scoffed. The last time I saw Erica, she was walking away from me. "If we didn't have history, she would be a nice person. I'm sorry about that. It was awkward. I never thought she was show up here. I mean how many years-" Arizona cut me off.

"Calliope. It's fine. She's is the past. Besides, we are married and we are the future. I am your future. Sofia is our future." She gave me a heart warming smile and we went on with the rest of our night.
~~~~~
Arizona's POV:
"Goodnight baby" I whisper to Sofia. I finally get her to sleep. I walk into the living room and Callie is sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn. She looks up at me and pats the spot next to her.

"Come. Sit. Snuggle." She smiles. God I love that smile. I walk over and sit on the couch. "I wonder what surgery Dr. Webber has for Erica. I mean what could she do that Altman couldn't?" Callie keeps on talking about Erica. The whole way home she wouldn't stop talking.

"Can we just forget about Erica?" I finally snapped. "Sorry. That came out bitchy. But this is our night and I am not going to let one of your ex-girlfriends ruin it."

"I'm sorry. This is our night. Speaking of which..." She looked at my lips with her beautiful brown eyes. Within seconds, our lips crush together. She leans into my body and picks me up and carries me in the bedroom and shuts the door. This is the first time being intimate since our wedding and it is mind blowing. We are so in sync and I remember how much I love this woman. We both lay in each other's arms, starring into each other's eyes. I will never get tired looking at those eyes. This moment, right now, I never want it to end. I end up falling asleep with her arms wrapped around me. I sleep soundly though the night. Until our pagers go off at 6:00 in the morning.