Chapter 15

Arizona's POV:

"Cal. Callie. Hey. Wake up. Pager." I say sleepily to Callie.

"Then go and get it" She snaps back.

"I know it's not mine because it's coming from your side of the bed." I turn towards Callie and close my eyes.

"What the?" I hear Callie whisper.

"What?"

"The page is from Erica." Callie admits.

"Why? Could it be from Altman too?" I say just as my pager goes off. I turn and grab it and read what is displayed, 911 Altman ER. "Can't be from Teddy. She just paged me" We both jump up and get ready. I hate early morning pages.

"Are you gonna get Sofia up or am I?" Callie calls from the bathroom.

"I can. I'll wake the beast" I say joking. I'm dressed already and I go and get our baby. She cries but that's typical of Sof. I get Sofia dressed and into her car seat and then to the stroller as Callie puts on her jacket and grabs her keys.

"Ready girls?" Callie asks. Sofia already fell back asleep. We head out the door and to the hospital.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Callie drops Sofia off at the daycare and I rush to the pit. Once I'm there I see Teddy and scramble to put my gown and gloves on. Following behind Teddy, I walk into the Trauma room. I look at our patient and I hold back tears. It's a little girl, couldn't be older than five years old, beaten. I turn around and breathe to calm myself down. I am a doctor and that little girl is scared. I need to be strong for her. Calm. I turn back around to face the girl.

"Hi sweetie. My name is Arizona. Can I look at your tummy?" The little girl looks up at me and curls up into the fetal position . "It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you." She lays flat and let's me examine her. She definitely needs surgery. I look over at Teddy and gives her a nod. She walks out to go call up for an OR. "Can you tell me your name?"

"Emma."

"Ok, Emma. What are your parents names?"

"I don't know. I don't have any." The child says quietly. I look down at the ground.

"Ok honey. It's gonna be alright." I start to stroke her hair and give her a big smile. "We are gonna fix you up."

"Ok." She says. Teddy comes into the room and says that the OR is ready. We start to head toward the elevator and jump on one. I stand with my hand on one of the side rails of the bed and I feel a tiny hand on mine. I look down and see Emma's hand on top of mine. I take her hand in mine and push her out of the elevator.

"It's gonna be alright sweetie. I promise" We walk down the hallway and I spot Callie in a scrub cap, coming out of the OR with Erica. They are...laughing.

"That's weird." I say out loud. Oops.

"What?" Teddy asks me.

"Nothing." I say. As I scrub in, my thoughts start to wander. Why were they laughing?