Chapter Three

Callie's POV: After Arizona and Owen got paged to the ER, I decided to go and check on my patients. First I checked on Tracy. I walked into her room as she was just waking up. Her mom was sleeping in the chair next to her.

"Good morning, Tracy. How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Sore and broken." She said.

"You had a broken femur and I fixed that in the OR and you had some internal bleeding from the steering wheel and Dr. Bailey fixed that also. We will have to keep you here for a week or so just to make sure you are alright." I informed her.

"Oh. Wow. How are David and Jason?" Tracy asked.

"Um well, Jason was lucky and only broke two of his arms but despite ours best efforts, David went into ventricular tachycardia and we could not resuscitate him." I told her.

"What? David's dead? NO! HE CAN'T BE DEAD! NO!" Tracy started crying. Her mom was holding her. "I WAS ALL HE HAD LEFT AND I KILLED HIM! I WAS DRIVING AND I KILLED HIM!" Tracy screamed.

"Tracy, the accident wasn't your fault. It was an accident. They happen." I tried to console her.

"Just get out! Get out of my room right now!" Tracy yelled at me. I walked out of the room and gave her some space. I went into Jason's room. I told Jason about David early this morning so he has had time to process it.

"Good morning, Jason." I said, trying to shake off what had just happened with Tracy.

"Morning. How is Tracy?" He asked.

"She just woke up. She had some internal bleeding and a badly broken leg but Dr. Bailey and I fixed both of them in surgery." I informed him.

"Ok. How is Tracy taking the news? About David?" Jason asked quietly.

"Well, she is very angry with herself and she blames herself." I said.

"I knew she would do that. David, Tracy, and I have been friends for a long time and our parents were very good friends. One night, about 4 years ago, my parents and David's parents went out for the night and they were all killed in a car accident. After that, Tracy's family took us in as their own. We had went to see a midnight movie and we stopped to get something to eat and when we were heading home, we were t-boned in an intersection." Jason said.

"I am so sorry, Jason." I said.

"It's ok. The accident with my parents is behind me and I want to put this accident behind me as well." Jason said.

"I'm sorry. Well I will be in again to check on your arms. If you want to see Tracy, just call a nurse and she will help you" I told Jason.

"Ok. Thank you Dr. Torres." I walked out of Jason's room and my pager went off. I looked down and it read "911 Mark Sloan ER"