Chapter 12

Arizona's POV: Today has been such an emotional roller coaster. I don't even have time to think of everything that happened today. Mark, Callie, Sofia, Owen. Everyone is falling apart. I don't even have time to process that Mark is crashing. I just start running. I run after Owen and Callie to Marks room. When we got there, all you could here was beeping. I don't even know what I should do so I just stand there. Owen is shouting orders and nurses are answering them. After 10 minutes, Mark finally comes back. His heart stopped. I looked over at Callie. She had tears in her eyes but she wasn't crying. I walked over to her and hugged her.

"I want this day to be over." she whispered in my ear.

"Me too. Me too" I whispered back. Teddy came rushing into the room.

"What happened???" She asked loudly.

"His heart stopped. No clue why." Owen answered.

"Run an EKG." She ordered. The EKG showed that his heart was very weak and Teddy had to bring him into surgery again. Callie and I walked to the OR with him and then went up and sat in the gallery. We sat there in silence, holding hands.

"How's Sofia?" She asks me.

"She's good. She probably can come home tomorrow." I said and looked at her and smiled. She didn't take her eyes off the surgery and gave me a half smile. "Don't worry. Mark is gonna be fine. He won't leave us."

"I know but..." Callie trailed off.

"Yea. I know." I said. I squeezed her hand and we sat in silence for a while.

After Mark got out of surgery, I asked Callie if she wanted to go home. She didn't. We decided to stay with Mark that night. In the morning, he was awake.

"Robbins? Are you awake?" He asked hoarsely.

"Yea. Are you ok? How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"I'm good. How is Cal? This must have been horrible for her." He said.

"She is being Callie. Putting on a brave face but you can tell she is scared. I think that she is going to be ok now." I told Mark.

"And Sofia?" He asked.

"She is fine. And probably coming home today" I said with a smile.

"Oh thank god. I don't even know what happened. I was just driving and this car came over the center line and smashed into us. Thank go that we weren't going fast." He explained. "How's the other guy?"

Oh my god, I thought to my self, I totally forgot about the other guy.

"Um... I'm not sure. I didn't ask." I said.

"When you get the chance, could ya?"

"Of course" I said and grabbed his hand. Callie groaned and woke up.

"This chair sucks to sleep on." She said. She always looks so beautiful when she wakes up. Her hair is all messy and the makeup that she was wearing is all smeared but she is still gorgeous. How did I get this lucky?

"You could've gone home. I would have been fine." Mark said.

"Yea but I couldn't leave you. I have pulled some tricks over on me before and I am not letting you get away with another." She joked.
Bailey walked in the room followed by Hunt, Altman, and the Chief.

"Good morning, Mark" Chief said.

"Morning everyone" Mark said with a smile.

"You seem to be feeling better." Bailey smirks.

"We have good news. You can go home in one week. We want to keep you for observation." Chief said.

"Thanks you guys. Really. You literally saved my life." Mark joked.

I love my life. I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful daughter. The man who I thought I would never get along with is one of my best friends and the father of my daughter. I don't think that things could get any better than this.