Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Arizona's POV: I raced to the NICU.

What's wrong?" Alex was next to Sofia. She was not crying or anything. "Her brain bleed is getting worse. I paged Derek and he said to go to the OR. He will be in there in a little bit." Alex said. "Ok go. I'll meet you in there" I told him. He took off. I had to go and find Callie to tell her what is going on. I raced to the On-Call room that Callie was sleeping in and burst through the door. Callie wasn't in there. I turned around and went to a nurses station and told them to page Dr. Torres. I was frantic and I didn't know what to do. I ran to the gallery to see if Callie was there. I ran into the gallery and saw Callie leaning against the window. She turned and looked at me.

"He might die. He might die and Sofia won't have a dad. He is my best friend. I need him. Sofia needs him. We need him." She started to cry. I ran over to her and wrapped her in my arms.

"Hey hey hey. He won't die. Mark Sloan is not going to die." I pulled her face up to mine and looked into her eyes. "Sofia and Mark will be fine and our family will be perfect."

"Promise?" Callie asked me with sadness and hope in her eyes.

"I promise" I told her. I wrapped my arms around her and snuggled my face in her neck. "I love you, Calliope." I whispered into her hair.

"I love you, too" she whispered back. We stood their for a while. Wrapped in each other's arms, breathing in each other's beautiful smells, being in the moment. I suddenly remembered what I came to tell her. Should I tell her? I should. But she will be freaked out. But if I don't tell her she will be mad at me. I should tell her. I pulled back and held her hands in mine.

"So Alex is taking Sofia to the OR because her brain bleed is worst than they thought. Derek is going to be there in a bit. It's going to be ok. I promise." I kissed her and sat down to watch Marks surgery. After a couple minutes I got up because I had to go to the OR and watch Sofia's surgery. I walked in and Derek was in there.

"Glad to see you, Dr. Robbins. Ok people, it's a beautiful day to save lives, let's have some fun." Derek said and looked at me and gave me a McDreamy smile and started the surgery.