Chapter 5

Callie POV: Why Mark paging me to the ER. He isn't even working today. I started to head down to the pit. I was taking my time. He probably got bored with Sofia and came to visit. Arizona came running up to me.

"Callie. Oh my god. You need to come now" she said. Her eyes were puffy.

"Arizona. What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's Sofia. And Mark. They were in an accident." She said.

"What?!? How?!? When?!?" I started to panic.

"Callie. You need to breath."

"I AM NOT GOING TO BREATH!!! THAT IS MY BEST FRIEND AND MY BABY DOWN THERE!!" I cried and took off running. Arizona was right behind me. I burst into Tramua Room One. Sofia was crying and screaming. I rushed to her side.

"Hey baby. Hey. You are gonna be ok. Mommas are here." I said to her. She was still crying but not as loud. Arizona was on the other side of Sofia.

"Callie. Go and be with Mark. I got Sofia. Go." Arizona said. I looked up at her. "Go. We will be fine." I got up and left the room. I walked into Marks room and it was chaos. People were everywhere. Yelling different orders. Derek was in there because Marks head was messed up. Teddy was in there too because there must be something with his heart. Bailey was in there so there is something wrong with his other organs. Time seemed to stand still.

"Callie." Someone said to me. "Callie! Callie!" Derek was yelling at me. "We are taking him up to surgery. His brain is swelling, his heart is severely injured, and he has internal bleeding. We will update you when we can" he said. I felt like I was in a trance. That none of this was real. Mark could die. There could be something wrong with my baby.

"Callie. Nod your head so we can take him up to the OR." Derek said. I slowly nodded. Derek rushed right past me and everyone else followed, pushing Mark out the door.

I stood in the Trauma Room. Completely in shock and unable to move.