Chapter 20

Callie's POV:

"You...think..." I start to say but I can't finish the sentence. It's to crazy to say outloud. I turn to face away from Arizona.

"Callie. I'm sorry. I just. I don't know. It's just that she comes here out of no where and you seem fine with it and she wants to be friends but ex's can never be friends because there are all of those unanswered feelings," Arizona rambles. I turn back to face her and stare her. She grows quiet. "I'm sorry, Calliope. I really am." I don't know what to say.

"I just. I need to be away from you right now. Just-" I say and walk out of the room. As soon as the door closes, i start running. I don't know where I'm running to but I run. I soon find myself outside of our apartment. I'm out of breath and still in my scrubs. I don't know what to think. Is Erica in love with me? After all these years? After she is the one who walked away? Why. Why would she still have feelings. I sit on the stairs until it's dark. My face in buried in my hands, my head deep in thought.

"Torres? What are you doing?" I hear Mark ask. Crap. I missed the rest of my shift. I jump up.

"Crap."

"What's wrong?" Mark asks and holds my arms to steady me.

"I-I. I don't know. Erica is here and Arizona is acting crazy. I don't know what to do. I'm freaking out Mark." I say frantically. "I don't want to go home. I don't want to see Arizona." I say almost in tears.

"Why?" He asks. I look at the ground. "Ok. We can talk about it later. Stay at my place tonight. Give you some time to breathe."

"Ok. I-uh- have to go to the hospital quick-" i get interrupted by my phone ringing. It's Owen. "Shit" I say outloud. I answer the call.

"Hello?" I say quietly.

"Hey Callie. It's me. Arizona. I'm using Owens phone because mine died, from trying to call you. But don't worry about your shift. I covered you."

"Uh thanks" I say.

Awkward silence.

"Callie..."

"Arizona please. I don't want to talk right now."

"Are you going to be home? We can talk when I get home."

"I'm not sure. If I'm there, Im there. If I'm not..."

"Ok. Well I have to go. I love you. I'm sorry"

"I know." And I hang up. It hurts me to be so harsh to her but I don't have the energy to spare her feelings right now. I turn back to Mark who was standing right behind me. "Let's head to your place." I say and walk towards the doors. We head to the elevator and push the button for our floor.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Mark asks me.

"Not now" I say.

"Ok." The elevator dings, indictating that we are at our floor. As we walk to Marks front door, I realize I'm gonna need clothes.

"I'm gonna run in and grab some clothes. I'll be right back." I say and walk to our door, bend down to get the key from under the back and walk in. As I step in, I hear something crinkle under my feet. I pick up my foot and see that it's a letter with my name on it. I open the envelope and look to see who wrote it. At the very bottom I see two initials.

E.C.