Chapter 17

(I usually never put anything personal in here but I want to thank you guys for reading this!!!! I never would have expected it to have more than 9k reads 😱 Check out my other Calzona fanfic that I just started and comment what you think about this fanfic and my other one:) and if you have any ideas about a fanfic you want to me write just leave it in the comments ☺️ I love you all 😘 Happy reading!!!!)

Arizona's POV:
After my pager went off, I went into the PICU. Emma was vomiting blood and we had to get her up to an OR as soon as we could. I ran into her room and went to her side

"Emma. Emma. Honey. It's ok. Just breathe. We are gonna take you into surgery again. Where were you living? Foster parents?" I ask her. I need to call someone so we can see if she is allergic to anything or had previous surgeries or health conditions.

"I live with," she vomited again,"my foster parents. Their names are Nicole and Jake Pierson." She finally told us.

"Call them. Right now." I order a nurse

"Yes, doctor"

"And page Teddy. Tell them both we are going to the OR." I grab the bedrail as Alex comes in.

"Can I help?" He asks.

"Yes. Grab on. We are going to the OR. Emma here is a little broken inside so we are going to go in and fix her." I look down at Emma and smile. I coudl tell she is scared by the way she looked at me. "I promise." I say to her.

We rush into the OR with no time to scrub. Teddy runs in a couple minutes later.

"What now?" She asks.

"I think she has a tear in her aorta. Get in here." I update Teddy and she runs to the other side of the table. She goes to work instantly.

"Ok. Let's get her on bypass right away so we repair the aorta." Teddy orders. She is a gifted surgeon. I've never seen someone who can move their hands so gracefully and quickly as she can. I'm honored to be her best friend.

"Ok. I think I got it."

"That was really freakin fast." I hear Alex say.

"That was indeed fast." I agree with Karev.

"It was a small tear. Nothing to big to fix. Let's start to get her off bypass." Teddy says. The stitch holds and we close Emma up and bring her to her room.

After we got her into her room, Alex, Teddy, and I stood outside.

"Poor thing. I wonder how she got all messed up. I mean, what was she doing outside, on the streets by herself? Where were her parents?" Teddy says.

"It wasn't on the streets," I said. "It was at a school sleepover. They had a lock-in and some of the big kids made fun of her being a foster kid and beat her up outside." I kept on staring at the girl.

"Holy crap." Alex says. "The kid wasn't even safe at school." I look down at the ground for a while, thinking about my little girl. Would this happen to her because she has two moms? The thought sends chills through my body. I start to walk away but I stop after I hear a voice.

"Are you Dr. Robbins?"

I turn around to face two parents, their faces worried sick.

"Yes. I am." I answer.

"We are Emma's foster parents. We should have been here sooner. But we were both at work and didn't have our phones. Is she alright? Is she going to live?" The foster mom asks frantically.

"Well Mrs and Mr. Pierson, Emma had a lot of trauma to her chest and her stomach. One of her ribs was broken and it punctured her lung and she had bleeding in her stomach. We fixed that in a surgery this morning. Then, about 3 hours ago, Emma started to vomit blood. We took her back into surgery and discovered her aorta had a tear. But Dr. Altman fixed it. Emma is unstable at this moment, but we are monitoring her very closely and are taking very good care of her." I explain to the parents.

"I just.... I can't believe it." Nicole starts to cry. Her husband wraps his arms around her.

"We just got her a month ago. We were told that her parents died when she was two. We really like her and are considering adopting her. We just haven't had the time to tell her or the adoption agency." Jake says.

"That is very honorable of you to do that. Would you like to see her? She hasn't woke up from surgery yet but she should in the next hour." I bring the Pierson's in by Emma and give them their privacy. I walk back out by Teddy.

"So... Erica Hahn" Teddy says.

"What do you think about her?" I ask. Curious on what my best friend thinks of my wife's ex-girlfriend.

"She is.... Hard. Kinda edgy. I'm not too sure."

"I think she is nice. Her and Callie are getting along. But Cal says that I have nothing to worry about." I say, relaxed. Teddy looks at me and gives me a puzzled look.

"Are you sure?"